• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Paddle Shifters in a non amg C !

Guest rssid

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blackmercs

tsktsk wrote:

Guys sorry to dig this up but can anyone advise if the w204 steering wheel is bigger (i.e diameter wise) than the 3spokes AMG one?

What's yr concern? The fitment issue??

Guest rssid

It's pretty much the same diameter as each other. I've gone ahead and made it thicker as well as added the thumb knob as I couldn't stand it being so thin.

• 1 month later...
Guest aflop

Bro quick check, after installation, can the paddle shifts work?

Because the ebay seller's disclaimer is that the paddle shifts may not work for non amg models?

Guest kepiting1sg

aflop wrote:

Bro quick check, after installation, can the paddle shifts work?

Because the ebay seller's disclaimer is that the paddle shifts may not work for non amg models?

My paddle shift works very well on the W212 or else why would I buy them for!

U need a workshop with the "knowledge" how to wire up the paddle shifts to work!

Guest rssid

Hi guys this is because of renewed interest from a few bros here so i'll put everything up here for everyones benefit. ok my thread about the paddle shifters says it all actually. Looking at things you have a few options of how and where to buy the steering wheel from.

Option 1. Benzline - approx $3K+++

Option 2. Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-W204-AMG-Steering-Wheel-Airbag-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf5b1af38QQitemZ330539577144QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories - approx $1.6kUSD + $100USD++ for shipping

Option 3. Beg / Borrow or steal a W204 AMG 3 spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters - approx cost ermmm .....???

Option 4. Wait for me to sell mine off (i'm considering if the price is right lol)

Installation is at AutoSpritz look for Ah Boon cost approx $400++ can bargain down a bit. This is kinda important as they not only carry out the installation they have to add a module at the gear leaver itself and wire it up to the steering wheel paddle shifters thereby bypassing the need to have the TCU recoded/changed/swapped

Important thing to get is the proper installation as you're playing around with the airbag other then that everything on the steering wheel works perfectly with the sound system and on board dash display plus you have paddle shifters ! Tada !! There you go everything you need to know !

Guest kepiting1sg

I also noticed that though our ride doesn't comes with the M Button (Manual mode) as compared those rides that came with the original AMG Sport Steering, the paddle shifts does work like M mode when wired up by AutoSpritze.

i.e the ride do not change speed automatically even at higher rpm until U shift the paddles!

Guest hkhamateur

kepiting1sg wrote:

I also noticed that though our ride doesn't comes with the M Button (Manual mode) as compared those rides that came with the original AMG Sport Steering, the paddle shifts does work like M mode when wired up by AutoSpritze.

i.e the ride do not change speed automatically even at higher rpm until U shift the paddles!

Yo bro kepiting1, a gd thurs.

for sure there'snt M button except C & S button. We ve manual mode which's e + - shift. shifted auto gear stick left and its engaged. M1 will appeared n shifted + gear goes up n shifted - gear dwn. There's a safe mode tat do nt allow u to rav up red line and it ll automatically shifted to next gear. :music:

Guest jtang

kepiting1sg wrote:

Mine has M mode (AMG sports package). The only difference bet having it & not is that it stays fully manual. It doesn't downshift automatically when slowing down..

Guest hkhamateur

jtang wrote:

Mine has M mode (AMG sports package). The only difference bet having it & not is that it stays fully manual. It doesn't downshift automatically when slowing down..

Yo bro jtang, a gd thurs as well.

oh i see. So yr ride is W204 C200 CGI AMG Sports Package? Or C230? :becky:

So why didnt u opt fr e AMG 3-Spokes steerg wheel w paddle shift mode since u ve gotta e AMG Sports package?

Guest jtang

hkhamateur wrote:

Yo bro jtang, a gd thurs as well.

oh i see. So yr ride is W204 C200 CGI AMG Sports Package? Or C230? :becky:

So why didnt u opt fr e AMG 3-Spokes steerg wheel w paddle shift mode since u ve gotta e AMG Sports package?

C250. Mine has AMG sports steering, it comes in the total package.

Guest hkhamateur

jtang wrote:

C250. Mine has AMG sports steering, it comes in the total package.

Beauty! :yo:

next gtg, show show ok. I ll b e first ok. :becky:

• 3 months later...

Some interested people have PMed me with regards to the paddle shift mod hope the below helps

Its more of a gear LIMITER rather then an actual shifter in some sense.

Allow me to explain in the REAL amg car putting the car into the M mode allows for gear selection off the bat i.e when you pull the shifter it immed shifts into the next higher gear.

However the retrofit only ALLOWS the car to UPSHIFT when the TCU says it can/should shift up so when you pull the upshift you've just told the TCU the max gear it can go to only it DOES NOT mean it actually shifts to the next gear immed.

For DOWNSHIFTING however it works like the amg car as it downshifts immed as you have told the TCU that it can only go as high as the gear you've selected.

In essence its exactly the same as shifting from your gear lever only thing is you now keep both hands on the steering wheel.

Hope this helps !

hmm.. when I retrofitted the C63 AMG steering wheel with paddle shifts on my FL C180 CGI... i can upshift and downshift whenever I want :) .. it will stay in gear as jtang and kepiting1sg mentioned earlier.. very cool.. and addictive :)

Maybe it's different with the new programming on my C180 CGI :)

Just now GTG, some seen it already.

Next GTG... welcome to have a look and feel.

meanwhile, here's a video of the upshifting and downshifting on the new C180 CGI.. retrofitted with a C63 AMG paddle shift steering wheel :)

Better to watch full screen so you can see the paddle shifting the gears upwards and downwards as displayed on the Instrument Cluster.

BJiyhjmHDG8