• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Paddle Shifters in a non amg C !

Guest rssid

Ok i've been going on and on about this for like the longest time and finally managed to get everything together to get the paddle shifters in the car. Long story short you can buy a AMG/Steering wheel with paddle shifters and have them put into your car and work pretty much like the AMG equip ones.

However this is pretty much the same as using the gear lever and shifting it left n right only differance is that you dont have to take your hands off the steering wheel to do so anymore !! Oh yea I also sent the steering wheel to have it modified by Robson made it thicker and added a sports grip(thumb knob).

All the multifunction buttons work as per the orignal, installation was carried out by ah heng at autospritz whos done this kinda thing on BMWs previously. Best part is PADDLE SHIFTERS whoo hooo !!

Costs:

Modification by Robson = $612

Installation by AutoSpritz = $350

Orignal Steering wheel NOTE 4 SPOKEs

IMG_0967.JPG

Before Modification (This is the AMG 3 SPOKE one complete with Paddleshifters peaking out)

IMG_0962.JPG

After Mod (Fully done up 3 spoke AMG steering wheel)

IMG_10091.JPG

Close up (Thicker grip, thumb knob, dual leather, perforated type at grip)

IMG_1010.JPG

Guest Rooban

rssid wrote:

Ok i've been going on and on about this for like the longest time and finally managed to get everything together to get the paddle shifters in the car. Long story short you can buy a AMG/Steering wheel with paddle shifters and have them put into your car and work pretty much like the AMG equip ones.

However this is pretty much the same as using the gear lever and shifting it left n right only differance is that you dont have to take your hands off the steering wheel to do so anymore !! Oh yea I also sent the steering wheel to have it modified by Robson made it thicker and added a sports grip(thumb knob).

All the multifunction buttons work as per the orignal, installation was carried out by ah heng at autospritz whos done this kinda thing on BMWs previously. Best part is PADDLE SHIFTERS whoo hooo !!

Costs:

Modification by Robson = $612

Installation by AutoSpritz = $350

Orignal Steering wheel

IMG_0967.JPG

Before Modification

IMG_0962.JPG

After Mod

IMG_10091.JPG

Close up

IMG_1010.JPG

Sorry but i dont quite get your post. Where did you buy your new steering and how much did you spend in all?

Steering Wheel was purchased off a bro locally. Won't say how much but came with the airbag and multifunction buttons complete.

Erm The stock steering wheel is the 4 spoke one i.e 1st pic.

2nd pic is of the paddleshifter amg steering wheel.

3rd pic is of the amg steering wheel fully done up ready for installation.

Ill post up pics of it installed tmr, forgot to take pic of it installed. If anyone wants to mod their 4 spoke steering wheel with robson I can rent out my stock one to tide you over till robson finishes yours.

Guest kepiting1sg

Dear Guys,

If you are interested to buy the AMG Steering (flat bottom) c/w airbag & paddle shifts, this is 1 seller from eBay that U can buy from!

He has both the W204 & W212 AMG steering (flat bottom) c/w paddle shifts and air bags.

They are in Nappa leather with perforated grip!

This is one guy on eBay that sells mainly steering wheels for conti cars.

I bought from him off from eBay (meaning buy directly from him and not thru eBay)

This mean U can nego with him directly on the price & shipping.

I paid the seller abt $1800+ inclusive of shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-W204-AMG-Steering-Wheel-Airbag-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem33607392f7QQitemZ220661519095QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I got my brand new AMG Steering (flat bottom) from this seller for my E250 cgi.

So do need to go and wrap your steering anymore unless U want to CF part of the steering.

Same Ah Heng AutoSpritze did the instals for me.

I believe Benzline is selling this AMG steering too but U can go & check the pricing! :whistle:

!BbjO,i!!mk~$(KGrHqMH-CEEq-WI7G+EBKwjhc0OP!~~_12.JPG

Actually steering on my E250cgi

IMG_0247.jpg?t=1283357155

Guest BenzModz

It makes no difference which steering wheel you buy. The part that matters the most is which car it will be installed in.

That is where the electronics and signals need to be right so it works.

In some cars it takes minutes and in others it takes hours. I would not waste money making changes to an old steering wheel when you can buy an AMG wheel from Europe for as little as 150 Euro.

Guest kepiting1sg

BenzModz wrote:

It makes no difference which steering wheel you buy. The part that matters the most is which car it will be installed in.

In some cars it takes minutes and in others it takes hours. I would not waste money making changes to an old steering wheel when you can buy an AMG wheel from Europe for as little as 150 Euro.

Hi Miro,

U mean U can get a brand new AMG steering with Airbag & shipping to Singapore for the W212 for Eur150?

Guest vratenza

BenzModz wrote:

that is surely just the wheel itself without the airbags and controls right?

Guest BenzModz

vratenza wrote:

that is surely just the wheel itself without the airbags and controls right?

Usually I buy the steering wheel that fits my current airbag in the AMG specification. And yes ... with the paddles for 150 Euro. It can be bought at times.

kepiting1sg wrote:

Hi Miro,

U mean U can get a brand new AMG steering with Airbag & shipping to Singapore for the W212 for Eur150?

Certainly if you wait long enough you can buy a cheap steering wheel. I dont know about shipping. That varies 1000%.

In fact I did offer an SG member 300 SGD shipped for an AMG wheel and he did in fact decline the offer. This was in 2009.

• 2 months later...

very nice and practical, especially the flat bottom part to allow my fat legs to get into the cabin easily hence lowering the chance of hitting my knees onto the steering wheels.

Unfortunately, I am not a paddle shifter, i am more the gear knob shifter, still mostly left it alone. otherwise, it would be a great mod for under $1k

Guest kepiting1sg

skoder wrote:

very nice and practical, especially the flat bottom part to allow my fat legs to get into the cabin easily hence lowering the chance of hitting my knees onto the steering wheels.

Unfortunately, I am not a paddle shifter, i am more the gear knob shifter, still mostly left it alone. otherwise, it would be a great mod for under $1k

IMHO not likely to be <$1k or even $1k+.

Benzline price for a brand new 3 spoke amg steering with airbag is $3k+ without installation.

On eBay U most likely to get a new one with air bag for <$2k.

"In fact I did offer an SG member 300 SGD shipped for an AMG wheel and he did in fact decline the offer. This was in 2009."

Sorry, i as referring to this post. including installation, i reckon would prolly falls under a grand.

Guest kepiting1sg

skoder wrote:

"In fact I did offer an SG member 300 SGD shipped for an AMG wheel and he did in fact decline the offer. This was in 2009."

Sorry, i as referring to this post. including installation, i reckon would prolly falls under a grand.

Under a grand likely without airbag!

If U wanna the 3 spoke steering, U will need a new airbag.

U can PM BenzModz aka Miro to find one for U below $1k.

I have my doubts he can esp. for a new one! :hand:

Guest ravikiran

I am also wondering, what will be the total cost. Kindly advise :

1. COst : if order from ebay ( can we trust the reseller) and then where to get it installed and at what cost.

2. cost: if get from benzline plus installtions ( whether with benzline or other installer - advise who?)

thanks

Rather simple.

1. Buy the stock AMG 3 spoke wheel or the smaller C63 wheel from source I.e C&C or Benzline depends on which source you get and which wheel you pick. Pricing give them a call and ask cuz it varies which model you want the (C63 wheel costs more).

Buying from eBay ($1400+ USD +postage cost) dunno if the airbag can make it across as it's considered an explosive so airfreight is a bit of a mystery if it will be impounded by customs.

2. Go to autospritz look up a guy called ah heng. Installation almost $350-$400 depends

Tada you've got yourself a non amg paddle shifting C !!

Guest kepiting1sg

ravikiran wrote:

I am also wondering, what will be the total cost. Kindly advise :

1. COst : if order from ebay ( can we trust the reseller) and then where to get it installed and at what cost.

2. cost: if get from benzline plus installtions ( whether with benzline or other installer - advise who?)

thanks

Hi Ravi,

Unker has bought more than 600 times from >500 sellers over eBay for the last 10 years.

Maybe I m lucky not to have many "bad experiences" :becky:

I bought anything from <$1.00 to the most expensive >$8000.

Click this link to see My Feedbacks @ eBay is Kepiting2sg

1. I bought my W212 3 spoke AMG FLAT bottom steering wheel c/w air bag for about S$1800 (USD$1,199) before gst. I bargained with the seller.

Pls note at that time in May '10 - USD1 = S$1.5.

Currently it's USD$1 to S$1.33 (PayPal rate)

Seller is from Sweden - imho not a problem - he has 99.5% positive feedbacks over >3000 transactions.

He sells only steering wheels for conti cars and the one that I bought from him was brand new - boxed and no scrtaches. 100% Satisifed! :bounce:

Right now he has listed for sale one W204 BRAND NEW & UNUSED 3 SPOKE STEERING FLAT BOTTOM c/w with AIR BAG & ALU PADDLE SHIFTS for sale by him for USD $1,499.

IMHO with the weaker USD$ - Bargain to USD1300 or less, he will sell it to U!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class W204 AMG Steering Wheel + Airbag

2. AutoSpritze installed it for me for <$500 - about nearly a day job for the instal & wirings for the Paddle Shifts to work.

Actual picture of my W212 AMG 3 Spoke Flat Bottom Steeering Peforated Nappa Leather Grip with working Paddle Shifts.

All buttons on the steering wheel is working including the Linguatronic Voice Control for the Command NTG 4. :becky:

IMG_2626.jpg

• 4 months later...
Guest kepiting1sg

taptapdude wrote:

Yes Boz! Bought it from this guy!

U might want him to declare it as a gift....hehehe :lol: