• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Are PI Benz owners welcome here?

Guest SgLaKsa

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SgLaKsa

of course you are welcome.

care to share with us your new ride?

We have a meetup today at Kallang Mac at 5.00pm, come done join us.

Thats great, will see you ppl at 5pm then :)

As for my ride, its an SLK200. I got it at $22k cheaper and thats not all, the OMV is much higher. It comes with much higher specs too. Eg:

Electronic (Memory) seats both sides, steering wheel and folding mirrors.

17" Mercedes rims with 5 spokes.

Parktronic (front and rear parking sensors).

Steering wheel shift paddles.

Bi-xenon headlamps.

Remote control for the operation of Vario roof.

Draught-stop fabric.

Thats what i can remember so far ;)

Guest SgLaKsa

Isn't most of that normal aside from the steering wheel shift paddles and the draught-stop fabric?

I've seen the SLK200 from C&C and both seats adjustment are manual instead of electronic, therefore there's no memory setting. Rims are not 17" for SLK200. Not sure whether Parktronic is included but it is stated as an optional extra. Remote for Vario roof is also stated as optional. :)

Looks like you got a good deal then! Yup parktronic is optional, but it's one of those things that most people get, I can't imagine parking without it anymore :P

I'm pretty sure remote vario roof is stock though, C&C didn't even tell my me or my dad about the function, but I found out that while holding the unlock button winds down all the windows and opens the sunroof on other mercs, it actually converts the roof when you do it to an slk or an sl.

Ps. I found this out during our meetup last month, I was so impressed! ;)

Maybe you can share which PI did you get it from and how was the service? Usually the OMV is lower or similar but you managed to get one with higher OMV, how come?

As for the vario roof with remote control, think that is standard.

Guest SgLaKsa

Maybe you can share which PI did you get it from and how was the service? Usually the OMV is lower or similar but you managed to get one with higher OMV, how come?

As for the vario roof with remote control, think that is standard.

Hello VenomMerc,

Here's some info, I got to know more about PI only recently when i was flipping thru Straits Times Classified section in search of pre-owned SLK. PI's advert attracted my attention by their price, a brand new SLK is cheaper than a one year old pre-owned SLK from agent. Called a few PIs and they told me that OMV of PI's cars are usually higher than agents' due to the fact that they provide higher specs than agents do (thus higher cost price of the car which determines the OMV). I found out that it is quite true as all the PIs which i called has higher OMV for their SLK compared to agent.

The first few PIs i called only has memory seats and folding mirror as extras. They don't even have remote for Vario roof, not to mention Bi-xenon, Parktronic, 17" rims, Steering Paddle Shifts and Draught-Stop fabric. Luckily i called a few more PIs and found this one called Prime and they have all the above Extras at the same selling price as the lowest quote i got. Moreover, the highest OMV too. They linked up with Comfort Delgro for Servicing and Maintenance of rides sold by them. To be frank, i feel more comfortable to have my Merc serviced by a workshop which specializes in Merc. Found out that MBM specializes in Merc so i requested Prime to link my servicing to MBM and they really did the arrangements for me, quite service orientated i would say.

;D ;D ;D

Hi SgLaKsa,

It's surprising to hear that your PI car's OMV is higher than agent's. Is your car's OMV above $53,540? I got that figure from onemotoring.com.sg, which gives the average OMV for cars registered in the previous month.

Anyway, enjoy your ride!

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi SgLaKsa,

It's surprising to hear that your PI car's OMV is higher than agent's. Is your car's OMV above $53,540? I got that figure from onemotoring.com.sg, which gives the average OMV for cars registered in the previous month.

Anyway, enjoy your ride!

Hi Hoyas,

I've copied this from OneMotoring : What is OMV? It stands for Open Market Value.

OMV is assessed by the Singapore Customs (Tel: 6355 2000), taking into account purchase price, freight, insurance and all other charges incidental to the sale and delivery of the car from country of manufacture to Singapore.

I'm not sure whether or not i'm right but i was told that since i get my car with higher specs compared to C&C and OMV is calculated based on the cost of the car, it means that the cost of my car is higher and thus my OMV too. ;D What do you think? ??? My OMV is $51,XXX and agents OMV for their SLK200 is $4X,XXX.

;) ;D :) Enjoy your ride too Hoyas. Cheers.

Usually, specs for PI cars are higher, but their OMVs are lower. OMV is declared based on the cost of the car, but dealers can always under-declare to pay less taxes, thus lowering their cost and selling at a lower price. Since your car's OMV is $51+k, and according to onemotoring, the average OMV is around there as well, it looks like you got a sweet deal with so many option thrown in.

Of course, when you sell your car later on, the selling price will be lower than an agent's car, even with all those options. Unless you export the car, then it makes little/no difference to the exporter whether it is agent or PI (that's what I heard from an exporter).

Guest SgLaKsa

Of course, when you sell your car later on, the selling price will be lower than an agent's car, even with all those options. Unless you export the car, then it makes little/no difference to the exporter whether it is agent or PI (that's what I heard from an exporter).

Wow thats something new i learnt from you today Hoyas... and thanks for the info, it sounds very logical that it makes little or no difference to exporter as mentioned above ;D ;D great great :) :)

All the best to you Hoyas.

Guest SgLaKsa

on a sidenote, sometimes OMV values for the same vehicle are declared higher to enable higher loan disbursements as well. ;)

Assuming same selling price of a car from different PI, it benefits us to get one with higher OMV as it means higher paper value ;D ;D if i'm not wrong keke :-[