• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

want to change my lights.............

Guest 123godfather

Hi bro Huatsup,

I also loved changed headlamp bulbs during my entire driving life.....and take it from me,

everytime i changed, its money down the drain.

the guy from autobacs is correct, by changing to aftermarket white bulbs, it'll look damn nice if you view it from outside the car...but once u get into the driver's seat, you'll realise that the light beam is'nt thrown very far and its not too bright.

I bought so many types of bulbs (philips, bosch, piaa, siemens) and even added on a booster (for my prevoius ride) and it always does not seem to satisfy my need of wanting it bright and can throw the distance.

so when i get my 203, i hiong hiong within 1st week march into MBM and myself a aftermarket HID fixed. and hey! problem solved!

i'm so happy now, been using it for a year now....everytime i drive at night, very shiok. even got cars pulling up beside me at traffic lights to compliment my headlamps! :)

so dun waste money trying on white bulbs. go direct and get HID. will not regret. confirm plus guarantee stamp!!!

hey dash,what was the damage for your HID change? the problem is again, me kia si, afraid of warranty void if I do such changes. If I am not wrong, it should set you back easily $2.5k? I heard there are other risk that comes with it, you know of any?

huatsup ]

Hi bro Huatsup,

I also loved changed headlamp bulbs during my entire driving life.....and take it from me,

everytime i changed, its money down the drain.

the guy from autobacs is correct, by changing to aftermarket white bulbs, it' wrote:

hey dash,what was the damage for your HID change? the problem is again, me kia si, afraid of warranty void if I do such changes. If I am not wrong, it should set you back easily $2.5k? I heard there are other risk that comes with it, you know of any?

and one more thing bro.... why not change at C&C to avoid all the risk of warranty void?

hey bro huatsup,

what model are you driving? the 204?

i'm driving 203 and mine is just the reflector headlamps, not the projector types.

the price differs (204 comes stock with projectors) between both types.

my damage was abt $580 for a taiwan set. MBM have got taiwan and german types....of cos the german ones will cost more.

IMHO, both should work really fine but german ones are always more reputable.

i used mine for a year and its just fine....never been stopped on the roads and even cleared inspection.

so if yours is a projector type u may have to enquire the cost with them.

they will do a good job and its not as easy as it seems as they have to install it and program your computer chip to tell them its HID as HID bulbs use lesser voltage than a conventional halogen bulb.

and IMHO, of cos the moment u do something outside of C&C, should there be any technical fault they'll easily point a finger at the work you've done outside...but unless really the entire headlamp unit decides to blow, there shouldn't be a cause of any concern.

if u do at c&C, easily it'll set u back by $3-5k....(thats how much they quoted me then)

and the color code for C&C's HID will be slightly yellowish, i prefer pure white light in the 4500 to 5000K zone.

TP will not stop you for many merc models now come stock with HID already...

hope this answers your queries. :)

hey bro huatsup,

what model are you driving? the 204?

i'm driving 203 and mine is just the reflector headlamps, not the projector types.

the price differs (204 comes stock with projectors) between both types.

my damage was abt $580 for a taiwan set. MBM have got taiwan and german types....of cos the german ones will cost more.

IMHO, both should work really fine but german ones are always more reputable.

i used mine for a year and its just fine....never been stopped on the roads and even cleared inspection.

so if yours is a projector type u may have to enquire the cost with them.

they will do a good job and its not as easy as it seems as they have to install it and program your computer chip to tell them its HID as HID bulbs use lesser voltage than a conventional halogen bulb.

and IMHO, of cos the moment u do something outside of C&C, should there be any technical fault they'll easily point a finger at the work you've done outside...but unless really the entire headlamp unit decides to blow, there shouldn't be a cause of any concern.

if u do at c&C, easily it'll set u back by $3-5k....(thats how much they quoted me then)

and the color code for C&C's HID will be slightly yellowish, i prefer pure white light in the 4500 to 5000K zone.

TP will not stop you for many merc models now come stock with HID already...

hope this answers your queries. :)

Hey dash, thanks for the insight. $580??...wow, that's really worth it, from your tone of satisfaction.

Yes, mine is a 204, and I hope it is cheaper, cos I might go for the German version (kia si la).

I am also thinking of changing just the front bumper to the AMG one, waiting for quote from MBM. And of course, if I do win this Thursday's TOTO, I will go down to C & C to pick up another unit of W204, this time, the C350 with full AMG kit and all possible options!!

Ha ha, went to MBM today to install the Philips HID kit for my 204. Apparently, the new 204 cannot be programmed to use Xenon HID without a special code from the manufacturer....now dunnoe how...The thing still installed in my car but the original bulbs have been put back so i still can use the car....will wait for a solution to be found. Oh, C&C won't help of cos...