• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

want to change my lights.............

Guest 123godfather

Guest 123godfather

will be collecting my new c-class new week.............

wish to change my head-lights and fog lights to white..........

any recommends...........

any comments on aftermarket HID................... ??? ???

thksssssssssss......... :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

hows your c-class so far? C200? what colour? i collected mine a month ago.

satisfied, except realised road noise on some rough expressway is quite disappointed. expected to be less noisy.

also i realised the leather seats are not very comfortable

satisfied, except realised road noise on some rough expressway is quite disappointed. expected to be less noisy.

road noise could be due to the tires?

yeah some how adjusted the seats so many times and also find them uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

seat not comfortable is always C Class problem. you need a soft ass on a hard seat to enjoy it.

yeah some how adjusted the seats so many times and also find them uncomfortable.

also the leather seemed a bit cheapo.

venom what tyre were you given? i think my dunlop sports 01 is very noisy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest angela

seat not comfortable is always C Class problem. you need a soft ass on a hard seat to enjoy it.

also the leather seemed a bit cheapo.

venom what tyre were you given? i think my dunlop sports 01 is very noisy

It was a Michelin brand tyre but swapped it out for Michelin PP2s.

• 2 weeks later...

bro you can go to autobac. Philips Diamond H7 5000k, 6000k, 8000k

HI, Had change my head light to white blub but seem like still not that impressive. Thinking to change to HID, any advise. Thanks

Guest kepiting1sg

it will prompt you error message if you do so

Just go into the engine diagnostics and enable H.I.D lights present!

Rather than after market HID/Zenon which may end up with lotta "headaches",

worse scenario get short-circuit and start BBQ in engine compartment :o :o :o

IMHO, best changed the whole head lamp assembly with OEM HIDs either from Bosch or Hella

Any ideal how much will it cost? Did check with MBM durning my last visit, was quoted about $800 for the convertion,but still waiting from that gentleman to reply me a comfirm price. If were to change to HID/Xenon wondering whats the price. And what is the diff between convertion and The whole headlight change? ???

Guest kepiting1sg

Any ideal how much will it cost? Did check with MBM durning my last visit, was quoted about $800 for the convertion,but still waiting from that gentleman to reply me a comfirm price. If were to change to HID/Xenon wondering whats the price. And what is the diff between convertion and The whole headlight change? ???

The whole head lamp(projector lens) change including installations for my W203 came to about $2.5K.

What the diff between covertion kit and whole headlight. Saw a W211 at MBM with i think is projector light on. when switch on,have that 'bob' light up look, (you know what i mean) than chio :)

Guest Cklasse

Better to change whole light assembly since W204 light has no projector lens.

An original Xenon light has projector lens (the bulb like lens) and ballast is properly secured to housing.

Changed mine and only regretted that I did not change early.

Better to change whole light assembly since W204 light has no projector lens.

An original Xenon light has projector lens (the bulb like lens) and ballast is properly secured to housing.

Changed mine and only regretted that I did not change early.

i think W204 comes with projector lens headlamps....

Bro Cblack, you change the whole headlight or only the bulb?

only the bulb. originally i wanted to opt for the intelligent light system but it will cause delay in the delivery of the car so i gave up.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CBlack,

I went down to Autobacs hoping to take your suggestion of simply changing the bulbs to Philips Diamond H7 5000k, and the service staff actually advised that changing to white bulbs like these actually deceases the brightness and the projection distance. He also said that due to this, it is not approved by LTA. This took me by surprise as I thought that the white bulbs will be brighter. He also mentioned that under heavy downpour, these white lights are less visible than normal halogen lights. Is this true? He seems very experienced and confident of what he was saying.

In conclusion, he suggest that I stick to my normal lights. But the normal lights are really not very cool la....

Hi CBlack,

I went down to Autobacs hoping to take your suggestion of simply changing the bulbs to Philips Diamond H7 5000k, and the service staff actually advised that changing to white bulbs like these actually deceases the brightness and the projection distance. He also said that due to this, it is not approved by LTA. This took me by surprise as I thought that the white bulbs will be brighter. He also mentioned that under heavy downpour, these white lights are less visible than normal halogen lights. Is this true? He seems very experienced and confident of what he was saying.

In conclusion, he suggest that I stick to my normal lights. But the normal lights are really not very cool la....

hi huatsup, since our road are well lid, i actually do not notice the difference between the stock and HID bulbs. i guess unless the road has no street lamp, than the difference would be obvious. for me, as i have very bright fog light (4 pcs) so dark road should not be a problem for me.

Hi CBlack,

Totally concur with the Autobacs guy as I did bulb change when I first bought my W203 years ago. Somemore the bulb (not Philips) only lasted like 6 mths..........gave up and change back to original bulbs.

Guest morganoh

What the autobac guy said is true. I also install the Philips H7 light bulb, it look nice and white , if u look directly into the headlight, it looks much brighter but the white light are not concentrated.

I stay in a dark area. I can clearly see that the the projection power of the white light is no where close to the original yellow light, and its even worse under very heavy rain. White light get reflected by rain.

And most important of all the H7 light bulb will not last long, most friend who just change light bulb without changing the whole HID kit said it wont last more than a year.

Hi CBlack,

Guest Cklasse

I used to have the Philips white light too (diamond vision) and the lifespan varies from 3 months to more than 1 year. Buy from Autobac and you can get a warranty exchange within 6 months (please check for latest warranty period) if the bulb fails.

Guest kepiting1sg

go for only philips diamond H7 5000k, i can see the great difference one you travel NS highway, it is much better than the stock.

if you worry about the brightness during raining day, switch on your fog light than.

my previous ride i used it for like almost 2 year with no problem and LTA approved on the third year send my ride for inspection.

Philip automotive bulbs are LTA approved.

I think they are the only one approved by LTA.

I used the Philip Diamond for my H7 high beam & #194 city lights.

The lights color are quite close to my 4500K Bi-Xenon.

Not too yellow & not too white - for me gam gam ho :)

I've installed after market H.I.D Xenon 8000K on my previous W124

& current Toyota Prado (Batam Island).

IMHO, The 8000K sure looks white and nice but illumination cannot beat the 4500K Xenon on my W203.

hi guys,

looks like there are quite some mixed sentiments here regarding changing the headlights...haiyah, confused again!

me being an ah pek (kia si) who still wants my car to look "chio chio", always get caught in this fix. But I think as long as it doesn't blow up anything, i should give it a shot and change to the Philips H7 5000k.

Hi bro Huatsup,

I also loved changed headlamp bulbs during my entire driving life.....and take it from me,

everytime i changed, its money down the drain.

the guy from autobacs is correct, by changing to aftermarket white bulbs, it'll look damn nice if you view it from outside the car...but once u get into the driver's seat, you'll realise that the light beam is'nt thrown very far and its not too bright.

I bought so many types of bulbs (philips, bosch, piaa, siemens) and even added on a booster (for my prevoius ride) and it always does not seem to satisfy my need of wanting it bright and can throw the distance.

so when i get my 203, i hiong hiong within 1st week march into MBM and myself a aftermarket HID fixed. and hey! problem solved!

i'm so happy now, been using it for a year now....everytime i drive at night, very shiok. even got cars pulling up beside me at traffic lights to compliment my headlamps! :)

so dun waste money trying on white bulbs. go direct and get HID. will not regret. confirm plus guarantee stamp!!!