• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

KNN filter for B-class

Guest winz

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest aspade

OK, I am going to get the K&N filter. Can B-ers tell me what the price you get from local dealer ? The model is 33-2914 and it is selling for 42-50 USD excluding delivery on the web.

Anyone who wants to get one can list their names or PM me so maybe I can get some group discount .....

Guest aspade

Thanks for the warning. I've checked out that this is the right part number.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/applications.aspx?Prod=33-2914

The worries I have is actually buying from US ... Mercedes have not imported any A or B class into USA ... So why are they listing this on their website. The European / Germany Ebay sells as well but a little more ex than US. May take a risk to try if the local dealers are still using the 1.8 SGD-USD exchange rates.

Guest 777kenny

OK, I am going to get the K&N filter. Can B-ers tell me what the price you get from local dealer ? The model is 33-2914 and it is selling for 42-50 USD excluding delivery on the web.

Anyone who wants to get one can list their names or PM me so maybe I can get some group discount .....

Aspade...I'm interested. Will confirm with you when the price is available :)

Guest Cklasse

aspade ]

Thanks for the warning. I' wrote:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/applications.aspx?Prod=33-2914[/url]

The worries I have is actually buying from US ... Mercedes have not imported any A or B class into USA ... So why are they listing this on their website. The European / Germany Ebay sells as well but a little more ex than US. May take a risk to try if the local dealers are still using the 1.8 SGD-USD exchange rates.

That site seems to be for international and not confined to US. When you click to buy, you are asked for the country and it will direct you to McWell in Singapore as the dealer.

Guest notti

Hi folks,

Btw, what's the difference between the KNN filter and the sprint booster.

Seems like both also helps increase horse power and fuel effeciency.

Can bros here help clarify and if cycle will void our warranty for such installations?

Cheers

Aspade...I'm interested. Will confirm with you when the price is available :)

Btw, what's the difference between the KNN filter and the sprint booster.

The KNN filter is supposed to make your engine breathe better as the filter element supposedly flows better than than stock. Do not expect massive HP gains. The gains only happen when you start throwing at least a few grand at the car in terms of performance parts.

The sprint booster is designed to give you maximum throttle response effect by overcoming built in delays in electronic controlled transmission systems. This device does not increase HP and certainly not fuel efficiency. Your right leg controls the efficiency. 8.)

• 1 month later...
Guest aspade

I can understand your worries bro, why dun you guys check it out with MBM. Maybe he can offer you guys a good deal without even a GB le.

At least if anything goes wrong, MBM can warranty for exchange ma.

Last but not least, you need someone to wash, dry & oil the filter for you FREE.

Just my one cent, not worth save the 5, 10 or 20 dollar go through so much hassle.

After taking the plunge to get the filter from the internet, I have to agree with Kompressor.

The listed price for the filter in the website was about US$43. Sounds cheap, but when the associated logistic cost is added (thru VPost) , the final cost came up to S$95.70 ! And it took 3 weeks. So the savings isn't that great as originally thought.

But the benefit of the filter is undeniable. While no noticeable power boost, I found the economy of the car has improved by about 5-10%. Under Sports mode, the shifting is much smoother when applying full throttle.

terrible.. you guys are terrible... hooked on all the so called POISON here... damn :banghead:

Congrate...... hahaa..... Glad you had been poison so fast, more to come bro

Guest aspade

Not sure if you have had a chance to take a look at the filter ... Definitely not cone shaped. But they may have something that fits ... Should somebody try and let us know the result ?

33-2914.jpg

shouhin.jpg