• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Interest Gauge - road trip to Johor for makan and lepak lepak

Guest jan999

Guest jan999

dear guys,

i'm checking interest for a road trip to johor. itinerary as below:

morning reach JB then straight to Kota tinggi ( ard 1 hour drive from JB)

then straight to Jalan Mersing Bak kut teh (non halal, pls note) (ard 25 mins drive from Kota Tinggi town)

after makan, we can go Desaru fruit Farm (ard 1 hour drive from Kota tinggi town)

then we can go Desaru for photo shooting (ard 15 mins drive from Desaru Fruit Farm)

then we drive to Johor Lama for Seafood dinner. (ard half hour drive from Desaru)

then back to Kota Tinggi for Fire flies river cruise (ard half hour drive from Johor Lama)

if time allow, then Tebrau Jusco for wifey or gf shopping (mall closes on 11pm and ard 30 mins drive from Kota Tinggi)

Home sweet home

this is a day trip suggestion. you guys can let me know if want to stay overnight at desaru or so. then i can replan itinerary.

as my wife is delivering my 2nd son this late July, we can make it sometime in Aug.

do feedback.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jan999

for those with family, think u may wish to bring along your family since we are going to fruit farm. its a nice experience with mini zoo in it.

at night time, the fire flies river cruise a ral eye opener :)

Guest kepiting1sg

jan999 wrote:

yes, bro., thats the one i mentioned as above along jalan mersing

restoran_kiang_kee_bak_kut_teh_kota_tinggi-590x442.jpg

hahahaha.....2 weeks back cumming back from Redang plan to go Kiang Kee for the BKT....By the time we reach there passed 2.00pm.

ALL SOLD OUT........KNN!.....lan lan search gps for BKT in JB.

Weng to this place call Soon Huat - BKT so so nia!.

This road trip sound interesting for family outing.

Always wanted to go to the fruit farm and firefly.

Hope my family can make it for this outing

1. jan999

2. Cklasse5

3. g8crasher

4. Cklasse

5. 9339

6. keltanky

7. kepiting1sg + wife + son

Guest jan999

unker, Soon Huat not the real one. if u at Shun Huat already, go along the street, u should be able to see another Ah Shun BKT, its a corner shop, which u can see lot of charcoal fire there. Shun Huat only famous for Klang style, of which full of another stuffs in the pot, like golden mushroom, button mushroom, tau ki etc. but not really nice. next one, is the Muk Ching BKT at Lion Hotel near departure of JB custom. not bad.

Guest kepiting1sg

jan999 wrote:

unker, Soon Huat not the real one. if u at Shun Huat already, go along the street, u should be able to see another Ah Shun BKT, its a corner shop, which u can see lot of charcoal fire there. Shun Huat only famous for Klang style, of which full of another stuffs in the pot, like golden mushroom, button mushroom, tau ki etc. but not really nice. next one, is the Muk Ching BKT at Lion Hotel near departure of JB custom. not bad.

Thanks for the headup!

My JB fren previously brought me to 2 places in JB, they were good but I cannot remember their names or places.

Asked my muar poh johorian fren, the knn refused to tell me and say if I want to eat BKT when I cum to JB must call him. Tong e beh tiow!

Is there a another place call at Taman sentosa called soon soon huat BKT?

Are they good?

Guest jan999

ya, above mentioned soonhua and ah shun are at Taman Sentosa. along same shop row. that one near a staircase one not as good but sumptuos enuf.

the coener lot one, with a small lane beside the shop one is better.

still no ones fight Kiang Kee.

Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

Looks like there is a good number of interested members. Shall we put in a date so that everyone can make arrangement to fit in.

7 Aug?

8 Aug?

8 aug ok with me!

Lunch kiang Kee

Tea or durian break fruit farm.

Dinner leave it to jan999.

Watch Fireflies - supper - wash car fill petrol - say bye bye to jan999.....hahaha!

See can squeeze in shopping for the wives!

Guest jan999

if Kiang Kee gotta be early coz after 1030-11 all sold out. be prepare to be fodd court style, stand beside the table and wait for people ate and leave. haha!

Guest kepiting1sg

jan999 wrote:

if Kiang Kee gotta be early coz after 1030-11 all sold out. be prepare to be fodd court style, stand beside the table and wait for people ate and leave. haha!

Not that bad lah!

2 weeks back reach there 2.30pm.

Workers were taking their lunch & told me they just closed.

There were 2 tables still eating!

Guest Cklasse

dear guys,

then straight to Jalan Mersing Bak kut teh (non halal, pls note) (ard 25 mins drive from Kota Tinggi town)

after makan, we can go Desaru fruit Farm (ard 1 hour drive from Kota tinggi town)

then we can go Desaru for photo shooting (ard 15 mins drive from Desaru Fruit Farm)

then we drive to Johor Lama for Seafood dinner. (ard half hour drive from Desaru)

then back to Kota Tinggi for Fire flies river cruise (ard half hour drive from Johor Lama)

if time allow, then Tebrau Jusco for wifey or gf shopping (mall closes on 11pm and ard 30 mins drive from Kota Tinggi)

Home sweet home

this is a day trip suggestion. you guys can let me know if want to stay overnight at desaru or so. then i can replan itinerary.

1. jan999

2. Cklasse5

3. g8crasher

4. Cklasse / 8 Aug

5. 9339

6. keltanky

7. kepiting1sg + wife + son / 8 Aug

8. east539 ?

Guest east539

dear guys,

Home sweet home

1. jan999

2. Cklasse5

3. g8crasher

4. Cklasse / 8 Aug

5. 9339

6. keltanky

7. kepiting1sg + wife + son / 8 Aug

8. east539 + parents / 8 Aug

• 4 weeks later...

jan999 wrote:

dear guys, i kinda bz lately, can we repropose another date? sorry abt it

No problem bro. Without you, we also cannot carry onz! :bounce: Thanks for your time and congratulations on your new addition to the family.

Guest Cklasse

May I suggest we do a makan and shopping trip and skip the fireflies so that we can be back not too late unless the next day is a non-working day.

I am just thinking that we don't squeeze too much in a day, a relax drive with lots of rest and stop to mingle would make it a fun family outing.

Guest jan999

if like that then might as well, all the way to Jalan Mersing for BKT, then after which, travel back to Jusco Tebrau for shopping lo. shopping timing based on individual. i.e. after reached Jusco Tebrau, u r on your own, can?

Guest kepiting1sg

jan999 wrote:

if like that then might as well, all the way to Jalan Mersing for BKT, then after which, travel back to Jusco Tebrau for shopping lo. shopping timing based on individual. i.e. after reached Jusco Tebrau, u r on your own, can?

No fruit farm & durians arh????.....heheheh!:becky:

Guest jan999

as long u guys are okay, me also okay. now only the date.

so we skip fireflies?

i dont remember i see any durians available at the desaru fruit farm. but anyhow, can see anywhere also right?