• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ICE Installer to recommend?

Guest angela

Guest angela

Well, after these long discussion of 3rd party HU and so on, what about the factory Comand APS?

It cover all essential like satnav, mp3, dvd audio, movie and even phone, isn't it worth considering?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Winningeleven

Well I did retained the wheel controls but, and this is a very big but..... it's a work around. The AVH6800 has a remote control receiver infront, so what he did was to capture the "track up" Track down" "volume up" "volume down" on the steering wheel, programmed another device to emit the remote control signals via a LED.... so... there is a small led facing the AVH6800 near my hand break. So when I press the "volume up" the steering device then sends the volume signal up via the led hence... it's a wireless solution. It's not a wired solution. I, of course want a wired solution because when I drop the roof the led isn't strong enough to reach the AVH6800.

Make sense ??

I guess I could drop by the meet up and you'll get the idea...

Other than that... it works pretty well.

Hi LincolnSLK ,

Can you tell me how much u pay for this device to made the steering control work with aftermarket headunit , pls also advise where to get it done? I've went to a few audio shop to check but most of them told me thoese normal steering control interface which cost around $200 don't work with our car, do u know the brand of your steering control interface? I dun mind if it is around $200 but not willing to pay anything more than that because 1 shop quote me $600++ for the device which i think is not worth it.

Cheers

Guest angela

Winningeleven ]

Well I did retained the wheel controls but, and this is a very big but..... it' wrote:

Hi LincolnSLK ,

Can you tell me how much u pay for this device to made the steering control work with aftermarket headunit , pls also advise where to get it done? I've went to a few audio shop to check but most of them told me thoese normal steering control interface which cost around $200 don't work with our car, do u know the brand of your steering control interface? I dun mind if it is around $200 but not willing to pay anything more than that because 1 shop quote me $600++ for the device which i think is not worth it.

Cheers

I can't remember the price off hand. You can contact "Cartoon" at new generation and tell him Lincoln recommended (not that it's going to get you any discount...ha ha ha). He brings in this device.

It won't work for every car let me warn you...

Cartoon

What I did like was the no cutting of wires to install my pioneer head unit. That means I can transfer the unit to another car if i want to, and put back my Audio 20 with no issues.

Guest angela

Well, after these long discussion of 3rd party HU and so on, what about the factory Comand APS?

It cover all essential like satnav, mp3, dvd audio, movie and even phone, isn't it worth considering?

Depends, if you getting it from C&C... needless to say, it's very expensive but it's the best option. If you plan to get it from ebay I think there are some issues between US commands and Euro Commands... US ones won't work here. So have to be careful where you get it from. Kevin from MBM could help you here.

Guest jenvid

LincolnSLK ]

It cover all essential like satnav, mp3, dvd audio, movie and even phone, isn' wrote:

Depends, if you getting it from C&C... needless to say, it's very expensive but it's the best option. If you plan to get it from ebay I think there are some issues between US commands and Euro Commands... US ones won't work here. So have to be careful where you get it from. Kevin from MBM could help you here.

I wld say the Command APS is not worth as an aftermkt install mainly because the maps are not frequently updated even though it is from naviteq. and it is cost a bomb.

I had the chance of loaning a E280 with a Command APS from C&C and drove it for a couple hrs twiddling the satnav. My view is the satnav is pretty dated, why wld DC spend so much time updating the map for such a small vol sale as compared to US & Europe.

The audio & video is ok, SQ is definitely not worth the price u pay.

Phone is only good after spending another 4k for wiring at factory & buying the right adapter.

Of course the best things are they all work seamlessly and it looks well blended to the car interior.

In my view, grab it only if it comes free like the weekend offer to gatecrash PML 5 series launch... :laugh: :laugh:

• 1 month later...