• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Is this normal?

Guest Mighty_Mike

Guest Mighty_Mike

Hi all,have got my car for about 3 and a half months.

Been monitoring it since day 1 and have noticed that whenever i crank to start the engine,there's bound to be some kind of weird noises coming from below the chassis or engine. The noise is like some parts of the car is loose underneath.

Another issue that i face is the aircon. My normal setting will be to #1 setting and also set at 24deg. Initially i will feel the cool air,but after a while it feels like fan air is blowing. My aircon is the normal kind, not the climate control ones.

Appreciate all advise.Thank you all.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mighty_Mike wrote:

Hi all,have got my car for about 3 and a half months.

Been monitoring it since day 1 and have noticed that whenever i crank to start the engine,there's bound to be some kind of weird noises coming from below the chassis or engine. The noise is like some parts of the car is loose underneath.

Another issue that i face is the aircon. My normal setting will be to #1 setting and also set at 24deg. Initially i will feel the cool air,but after a while it feels like fan air is blowing. My aircon is the normal kind, not the climate control ones.

Appreciate all advise.Thank you all.

Some heat shield loose maybe ? Trying to think of more possible reasons aloud :becky:

Guest Mighty_Mike

Mine's W245 and new. I personally think that there should not have any of this weird noises. Will drop by C&C for them to diagnose,hopefully is just somethin loose somewhere. Anyone else encountered and have solved this issue kindly share with all here. Thank you.

Guest knighthunter

Mighty_Mike wrote:

Mine's W245 and new. I personally think that there should not have any of this weird noises. Will drop by C&C for them to diagnose,hopefully is just somethin loose somewhere. Anyone else encountered and have solved this issue kindly share with all here. Thank you.

It's normal, I got this rattling sound as well in the morning but after 1-2 minutes it gone.

Recently I got problem with my aircon, 40A fuse for blower busted then I sent my car to C&C they found out my fan regulator intermittently short circuit and they replace it under warranty.

Guest rmjunior

I got the rattling sound from the engine (passenger side)...Will get C&C to check on my next servicing..

I usually set the aircon temp to 20 degree. I tried to set to 18 or below, like not much different.