• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Any ready-made woofer box for E200 W210?

Guest angela

Guest angela

Anyone knows of any ready made woofer box for E200 W210? Thinking of change the subwoofer of my sound system.

If not, any one install any woofer box? Any picture to show?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty around actually. Got Bazooka tubes, Helix ES series(am using one temporarily) or those generic boxes made to fit 10"/12" subs. Be forewarned that different subwoofer specs require different box sizes + types to optimize the output and frequency.

Guest kepiting1sg

Anyone knows of any ready made woofer box for E200 W210? Thinking of change the subwoofer of my sound system.

If not, any one install any woofer box? Any picture to show?

IMHO,

You can look for a sub that suit your budget and take as little space as possible.

You may want to have it installed free air i.e hanging underneath your rear shelf parcel.

Or you may want to put it in a sealed box. The later is an easier option to achieve "good bass"

If you are not too "fussy" about your bass, when all things are equal,

you might want to settle for a 10" sub.

Or you prefer to have sub that goes "deeper" then you go for a 12" sub.

Off course a 12" will take up more space in a box then a 10"

I assume your boot space must be important for you unless you are as siow as me. ;D

A sealed sub box can be made by an installer for around S$100 and above.

"If the Bass drowns out the Mids & Highs and you like it, then U are a "BASSHEAD"

"If U like extended low Hz response @ High Sound Pressure Level, U will be in for an exciting & enjoyable ride"

"If you do not like Bass and are uncomfortable with Bass or you do not wish to explore the boundaries of your

audio system, then leave now before the exits are sealed."

"So fastened your seat belt & get ready to take off!"

My W203 has 2 pcs. 10" subs installed in a sealed box and

still "enough boot space" for my usage. Sorry! I dun play golf! ;D

Hope you like my sub box pictures! :)

Before

456755098_c0f42a84de_m.jpg

After

456755110_5c99414d3a_m.jpg

456755112_d5efeb6060_m.jpg

456755114_67ee81a193_m.jpg

456755118_ab66ed4e66_m.jpg

456755124_8cdb086349_m.jpg

456756960_d1e0b823d8_m.jpg

456756968_f39b91b697_m.jpg

456756972_4d89e97a16_m.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

unker, pls post ur sub box pics into the showoff thread again. thanks

Sure! I will do that!

How's your speakers Hz x-over pt. problem?

Ready for next month competition?

Guest angela

Thanks bro. I finally settled for a 12 inch box with u-dimension subwoofer. Never heard this brand before, but was strongly recommended by my installer, so just took the advise.

Any one knows about this sub and what is the review?

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks bro. I finally settled for a 12 inch box with u-dimension subwoofer. Never heard this brand before, but was strongly recommended by my installer, so just took the advise.

Congrats on your new sub! :P

Installed free air or in a sealed box?

How you find your bass Hz response? Deep? Solid Chik Liat Chik Liat kind of Bass? Accurate bass reproduction? or Muddy?

I hope you are happy with it. :)

Guest angela

The box has a port. I find that the base is much more solid than before, when I only hang the 2x10inch woofer on the base mounting without any enclosure.

I find that the u-dimension sub is so so only, considering it is only 100+ for 1x12 inch woofer. Anyone has experience with it?

u-Dimension is Japanese and I've used their 4 ch 10.4x amp back in 2001. Good product.

What amp are you using to drive your sub ? My preference is for sealed boxes.

Guest angela

I'm using a rockford 6 channel amps right now. It has been with me for 8 years.

Nice to know that u-dimension is a good product. Did a search on the web but cannot find much review on their sub. Anyone have tried their subwoofer?

Guest kepiting1sg

The box has a port. I find that the base is much more solid than before, when I only hang the 2x10inch woofer on the base mounting without any enclosure.

I find that the u-dimension sub is so so only, considering it is only 100+ for 1x12 inch woofer. Anyone has experience with it?

IMHO worth Rp 1,

When all things are equal, a 12" sub will sound deeper than any 10" sub; be it 1 or 2 pcs.

For most ported box, the box tuning Hz can be quite high 35Hz to 45Hz and therefore the lower Hz

will not be there i.e probably 35Hz & below.

Like what Dial911 said, a sealed box is simpler and the bass Hz will be lower and the Hz response curve will be smoother

than a Ported box where the Hz response will peaked at around the box tuning Hz. (Good for SPL)

Guest angela

IMHO worth Rp 1,

When all things are equal, a 12" sub will sound deeper than any 10" sub; be it 1 or 2 pcs.

For most ported box, the box tuning Hz can be quite high 35Hz to 45Hz and therefore the lower Hz

will not be there i.e probably 35Hz & below.

Like what Dial911 said, a sealed box is simpler and the bass Hz will be lower and the Hz response curve will be smoother

than a Ported box where the Hz response will peaked at around the box tuning Hz. (Good for SPL)

Sorry, what is Rp1?

Since my box is ported, is there anyway to seal the port? Can I just use something to cover the port hole? I do realize when I play some audiophile CD, I cannot get the feel of the low base...probably below 35Hz.

Guest kepiting1sg

saltydog ]

IMHO worth Rp 1,

When all things are equal, a 12" sub will sound deeper than any 10" sub wrote:

Sorry, what is Rp1?

Since my box is ported, is there anyway to seal the port? Can I just use something to cover the port hole? I do realize when I play some audiophile CD, I cannot get the feel of the low base...probably below 35Hz.

I have worked in Batam Island for the last 17 years and I always quote prices in Indonesian Rupiah (Rp)

So Rp1 worth of opinion means S$0.000017 .....wakakakak! ;D

IMHO,

It's not practical to seal up a ported box.

I think you will be better off with a new sealed box.

Before you embark on that, find out what is the recommended box volume required for your U dimension sub to be in a sealed box. The manufacturer must have their recommendations in their owner manual or at times you can find out this information from their web site.

Good Luck!

Guest mekenics

unker, pls post ur sub box pics into the showoff thread again. thanks

Sure! I will do that!

How's your speakers Hz x-over pt. problem?

Ready for next month competition?

thks for posting again.

my tweets freq x/o pt more or less settled at 4k.

not going for next mth comp as busy with work

jus fitted another tweet today to try.

its a rainbow plat series.

like the br@x graphic pro for its laid back smoothness but afraid the newer matrix midbass not a good match.

graphic pro midbass no longer in production la!

let the rainbow run 1st & see how

this set got matching midbass if i really like it!