• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AMG rims

Guest relagsingh

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest merc212

relagsingh wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new here. Does anyone know where to find replica AMG rims for W204?

I've seen an advert by Chuan Lee Hin Tyres Trading at Bukit Batok on the above rims. Go check it out. :whistle:

Guest merc212

relagsingh wrote:

bro, i called in they say no have leh...

Really? I'm looking at the advert now... Maybe you should just ask for Mercedes rims, then they'll understand. :shocked: I'll see if I'm free to go down and check it out.

Guest Luci Ride

relagsingh wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new here. Does anyone know where to find replica AMG rims for W204?

Bro, you might wanna consider Volks Racing/ Rays wheels which are Forged & light as hell. It'll surely transform the handling of your car immediately making it more responsive plus lower unsprung weight at each corner. There's many designs & it's also aesthetically pleasing to the eyes :becky:

Try Yap Brothers at Paya Ubi, however you might need to pre-order them as they don't stock too many Variation for diff marque/model.

As for replica, please be warned that it's heavy & might not be safe as it doesn't have the strength hence when you drive over a bit pot hole, the chances of having crack rims are very real

Guest relagsingh

merc212 wrote:

Really? I'm looking at the advert now... Maybe you should just ask for Mercedes rims, then they'll understand. :shocked: I'll see if I'm free to go down and check it out.

eh? you looking at their website or some ad in a mag? :becky:

Guest relagsingh

Luci Ride wrote:

Bro, you might wanna consider Volks Racing/ Rays wheels which are Forged & light as hell. It'll surely transform the handling of your car immediately making it more responsive plus lower unsprung weight at each corner. There's many designs & it's also aesthetically pleasing to the eyes :becky:

Try Yap Brothers at Paya Ubi, however you might need to pre-order them as they don't stock too many Variation for diff marque/model.

As for replica, please be warned that it's heavy & might not be safe as it doesn't have the strength hence when you drive over a bit pot hole, the chances of having crack rims are very real

But i really like AMG rims leh. especially the 18" twin 5 spoke ones. real one a bit not worth it, so looking for replica. furthermore, money spent on real ones, might as well buy good forged rims.

See how. if cant get what i want, i may settle for prodrives. :music:

Guest Luci Ride

relagsingh wrote:

But i really like AMG rims leh. especially the 18" twin 5 spoke ones. real one a bit not worth it, so looking for replica. furthermore, money spent on real ones, might as well buy good forged rims.

See how. if cant get what i want, i may settle for prodrives. :music:

I Hear you bro, i too like those 5 spokes ones as it's easier to clean :becky: Am on 19" AMG multi spokes & initially wanted to 'trade' with 1 vendor for theirs but when i held it up, wow changed my mind.

If prodrives make you spin then go for it but believe they are not that light either but at least forged. If you can get a 18" that weighs approx 8kg then believe your ride would be transformed outright by being very responsive to your directional inputs & added advantage of being Light Footed.

Guest Raskie

can try Lee Beng (AMK), Hurry (Bt Timah), Teck Wah (Simpang Bedok Mkt), South East (KaiKi Bukit), huge shop (can't remember name) along Sembawang (opp Khatib Camp)

Guest 2bfree

Raskie wrote:

can try Lee Beng (AMK), Hurry (Bt Timah), Teck Wah (Simpang Bedok Mkt), South East (KaiKi Bukit), huge shop (can't remember name) along Sembawang (opp Khatib Camp)

If I m not wrong, its TS Auto.

Guest relagsingh

Luci Ride wrote:

I Hear you bro, i too like those 5 spokes ones as it's easier to clean :becky: Am on 19" AMG multi spokes & initially wanted to 'trade' with 1 vendor for theirs but when i held it up, wow changed my mind.

If prodrives make you spin then go for it but believe they are not that light either but at least forged. If you can get a 18" that weighs approx 8kg then believe your ride would be transformed outright by being very responsive to your directional inputs & added advantage of being Light Footed.

wow. i duno AMG rims can be that light. guess its worth the moolah then. :becky:

Guest Luci Ride

relagsingh wrote:

wow. i duno AMG rims can be that light. guess its worth the moolah then. :becky:

Peiseh, my apologies, were not referring to the AMG rims-they are Hideously HEAVY :Cry: Hence am contemplating to change to Rays/ Volk Racing RE30 which i've used before 18' & weighing in approx 8kg per piece where else most rims at 18" will weigh approx 12-13kg & that is freaking a lot per corner which transformed the car into a totally different animal by being SUPER Responsive at turning & Quicker off the mark plus it will surely stop faster as it has lower rolling resistance to contend with. Attached links for you fm Rays http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/index.cgi?b=1 & yes 9339 is right, you could also try Leong Seng apart fm Yap Brothers for Rays Rims

Guest kepiting1sg

relagsingh wrote:

thanks! now... which shop to go to 1st... :bounce:

Welcum Bro relagsingh!

Finally U found your way to SGMerc.

Got delivery of your W204?

If U are looking for rims, U prefer originals or replicas?

I guess whatever rocks your boat! :becky:

Guest relagsingh

kepiting1sg wrote:

Welcum Bro relagsingh!

Finally U found your way to SGMerc.

Got delivery of your W204?

If U are looking for rims, U prefer originals or replicas?

I guess whatever rocks your boat! :becky:

if can get originals will be better lor. after some thought, most likely will settle for prodrives or yokohamas.

nothing is cheap and good. cheap and nice? yes. but may not be good.

better be safe than sorry. :bounce:

Guest jan999

Luci Ride wrote:

Peiseh, my apologies, were not referring to the AMG rims-they are Hideously HEAVY :Cry: Hence am contemplating to change to Rays/ Volk Racing RE30 which i've used before 18' & weighing in approx 8kg per piece where else most rims at 18" will weigh approx 12-13kg & that is freaking a lot per corner which transformed the car into a totally different animal by being SUPER Responsive at turning & Quicker off the mark plus it will surely stop faster as it has lower rolling resistance to contend with. Attached links for you fm Rays http://www.rays-msc.com/wheels/index.cgi?b=1 & yes 9339 is right, you could also try Leong Seng apart fm Yap Brothers for Rays Rims

my previous ride was on RE30, the best so far i ever used.

Was using SSR Type-C RS before RE30. where i tought Type-C RS were good enuf, but untill i saw RE30, no other rims in my mind since then, and spenr ard 3k++ to acquired a set of 18".

weighted and it was on 7.34kg per rim.

Guest kepiting1sg

relagsingh wrote:

if can get originals will be better lor. after some thought, most likely will settle for prodrives or yokohamas.

nothing is cheap and good. cheap and nice? yes. but may not be good.

better be safe than sorry. :bounce:

U started this thread looking for AMG replicas & now U probably wanna have

prodrives. Some others look for tuner rims like amg, brabus, carlsson, some go for brands like dpe or hre, some prefer stock, some prefer replicas, some like forge, some like deep dish, some like 2/3 pcs rims, some like them black,

some like chrome & the list goes on.

Like I said whatever rocks your boat.

Original tuner rims, Benzline will be a good place to start.

Other haunts for rims will be Leong Seng, Hurry Tires & South East.

Anyway enjoy your stay & join our mthly GTG!

Great bunch of guys & gers!

Guest Luci Ride

g8crasher wrote:

Aye aye, I OT abit ya. I subscribe to the lightweight, strong, proven & timeless design philosophy.

2227586578_32b78bf8f3.jpg

My favourite 911 with my favourite wheels. :whistle:

Wow, man after my own heart! Sebei food taste, I must salute- yummy