• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Considering a pre-owned w221 (01/07) over the new e

Guest notti

Guest w221sclass

notti wrote:

hi,

been enjoying the ride and arriving to places like king of kings.

i have already have kakis to poison me to buy rolls rolls ghost and lambo but i am contented with this ride (for the time being)

glad to know another 221 owner in the forum. i have met up with ivan chan last week.

Let me know if you have time to catch up

nice man. what's your mileage on it? rolls royce ghost is not as good looking as S Class. i find that. yes that sounds good. do you normally drive up to malaysia? if you are let me know...

Guest 9339

w221sclass wrote:

nice man. what's your mileage on it? rolls royce ghost is not as good looking as S Class. i find that. yes that sounds good. do you normally drive up to malaysia? if you are let me know...

Guys, do drop by this coming Sunday from 4.30pm - 6.30pm at Kallang Carpark F .

See you guys.

Guest notti

most likely, after my daughter's birthday party (if got no last minute changes)

minimum two s-classes coming down to support the gathering. Lol

9339 wrote:

Guys, do drop by this coming Sunday from 4.30pm - 6.30pm at Kallang Carpark F .

See you guys.

Guest w221sclass

notti wrote:

most likely, after my daughter's birthday party (if got no last minute changes)

minimum two s-classes coming down to support the gathering. Lol

sorry can't make it... Am in KL now. S Class proudly parked outside hotel:) what do you guys normally do?

Guest ivanchan

notti wrote:

hi,

been enjoying the ride and arriving to places like king of kings.

i have already have kakis to poison me to buy rolls rolls ghost and lambo but i am contented with this ride (for the time being)

glad to know another 221 owner in the forum. i have met up with ivan chan last week.

Let me know if you have time to catch up

hahahahha....i hear my name. n I hear myself being called poison....

Life is tough.....so we shld all take poison.....Glad to meet Notti in person. Gd to meet another S class person, n yes, he is as naughty as his nick....

Cheers

Guest notti

ivan the flirtatious

you come to sgmerc gathering but went to across to the bmw forum

haha, tell your finance minister

ivanchan wrote:

hahahahha....i hear my name. n I hear myself being called poison....

Life is tough.....so we shld all take poison.....Glad to meet Notti in person. Gd to meet another S class person, n yes, he is as naughty as his nick....

Cheers

Guest ivanchan

aiyo, as correctly pointed out by some forummers, uncle here used to b active in the bmw-sg side, so saw some "old" friends went to say hi lor...n tok abt old days...

now grow up, old liao, drive W221 so nvr go meetup liao lor.....

Its a good meetup nvrtheless......No see no go home.

Guest blackmercs

ivanchan wrote:

aiyo, as correctly pointed out by some forummers, uncle here used to b active in the bmw-sg side, so saw some "old" friends went to say hi lor...n tok abt old days...

now grow up, old liao, drive W221 so nvr go meetup liao lor.....

Its a good meetup nvrtheless......No see no go home.

Stop pretending lah, u go over to bmw to bio the mei mei!! Tsk tsk i look down on you!!

Guest notti

Blackmercs

So he is very notti in disguise - i am more transparent and upfront

and selfish - for not informing us to cross over to bio

hahaha..

blackmercs wrote:

Stop pretending lah, u go over to bmw to bio the mei mei!! Tsk tsk i look down on you!!

Guest blackmercs

notti wrote:

Blackmercs

So he is very notti in disguise - i am more transparent and upfront

and selfish - for not informing us to cross over to bio

hahaha..

Hahaha got to agreed!!

Guest ivanchan

blackmercs wrote:

Aiyo, how can u tell pple my hobby......bt on serious note, felt sad abt the turnout on the bmw-sg side. Bac in the late 1990s....during the pre-BMW-sg BCOS days and when BMW-SG was just formed, there were more cars......n energy lvls were higher. sorry if this offends any active BMW-SG members....bt juz some nostalgic emotions overcoming me (with chinese er-hu music playin in the background).....

No See No go Home.....next meetup. n I saw Notti lookin at the ladies at the Merc side, so I retreat to BMW-SG lor.....I not so hamsome. Kelvin say one......

Guest ivanchan

w221sclass wrote:

Hi ivanchan,

what would be your favorite feature of you w221?

hmm, hard to answer bro.....almost everythin abt it? fm the very smooth ride, to the strong presence on the roads, to the quiet cabin .....hmm....always put a smile to my face when I drive my W221.....no regrets owning it for abt 1 year now....

ITs abt the best in its class I felt, although I m sure many wld beg to differ, puttin the BMW 7 series as a close competitor.

Cheers

Guest w221sclass

ivanchan wrote:

hmm, hard to answer bro.....almost everythin abt it? fm the very smooth ride, to the strong presence on the roads, to the quiet cabin .....hmm....always put a smile to my face when I drive my W221.....no regrets owning it for abt 1 year now....

ITs abt the best in its class I felt, although I m sure many wld beg to differ, puttin the BMW 7 series as a close competitor.

Cheers

i see, i find that you really enjoy the car when you drive it up to malaysia at high speeds. you really see what it can do. Do you often drive to malaysia? I find the bmw 7 doesn't have that majestic presence the s has. Sometimes i feel it is downright ugly...What do you think?

Guest notti

My two s class bros

do you notice the aircon vents for back passengers are half the fan speed compared to the front air vents?

sometimes my back passengers complaint it is quite warm. i set it at 22 deg auto speed.

regarding the seven series - that's why we own the s class, enuff said

lol

w221sclass wrote:

i see, i find that you really enjoy the car when you drive it up to malaysia at high speeds. you really see what it can do. Do you often drive to malaysia? I find the bmw 7 doesn't have that majestic presence the s has. Sometimes i feel it is downright ugly...What do you think?

Guest w221sclass

notti wrote:

My two s class bros

do you notice the aircon vents for back passengers are half the fan speed compared to the front air vents?

sometimes my back passengers complaint it is quite warm. i set it at 22 deg auto speed.

lol

You have 2 s class?

yes sometimes the back is quite warm. But the seat in the back is so comfortable, i can sleep in it! What is your color combination?

Guest ivanchan

w221sclass wrote:

Shh....faint. dont tok bad abt the 7series.....n if i tell u i am also an owner of a bmw 730li, wld u believe me? haha....to b fair, the bmw drives better, giving better feedback to the driver. the S class surely has a stronger presence n nicer to sit in......on the other hand. my S class is a 2009 W221 whereas my bmw is the 2006 E66.

Both cars take on high speeds veri veri well.....n yes I do go Msia bro, bt somehow no guts to drive tis cars in....hah. Kiasu, drive more normal lookin cars.

Guest ivanchan

notti wrote:

My two s class bros

lol

indeed the fan is weaker at the back....bt I dont seem to hav a prob wif it leh...u sure yr bac vents r open....? usually i set at abt 20 deg. no prob.....

Guest ivanchan

w221sclass wrote:

You have 2 s class?

yes sometimes the back is quite warm. But the seat in the back is so comfortable, i can sleep in it! What is your color combination?

he tokin abt me n u bro....2 S class bros...whahahaha.

notti color same as mine, black on beige....siblings.

Guest notti

when you are back from KL, can u drive down your w221 and i sit behind to compare with mine?

w221sclass wrote:

You have 2 s class?

Guest notti

sibling

i am still making a list of cars you own and yet to complete it.

Palm oil business very lucrative, i also want to do leh - got lobang where we can complement or not? :P

ivanchan wrote:

he tokin abt me n u bro....2 S class bros...whahahaha.

notti color same as mine, black on beige....siblings.

Guest ivanchan

notti wrote:

when you are back from KL, can u drive down your w221 and i sit behind to compare with mine?

Wah u wan to sit yr car cannot sit my car ah? so bias...

also, who is in oil? I am a car dealer.

Guest notti

Eh, since you reply first, let's meet up and check out your s class lah. what bias?

lol uof group pte ltd don't sound like car dealer, some more no website :P

ivanchan wrote:

Wah u wan to sit yr car cannot sit my car ah? so bias...

also, who is in oil? I am a car dealer.

• 1 month later...
Guest w221sclass

Hi guys,

was in malaysia today and message on my w221 popped up on instrument cluster:Top up washer fluid

I know what this is however where can I buy this fluid and is it quite a brainless job to do by yourself?

Or does it need to be done by C&C (i know that sounds crazy) or A Mercedes-Independent workshop? Cheers

Guest blackmercs

w221sclass wrote:

Hi guys,

was in malaysia today and message on my w221 popped up on instrument cluster:Top up washer fluid

I know what this is however where can I buy this fluid and is it quite a brainless job to do by yourself?

Or does it need to be done by C&C (i know that sounds crazy) or A Mercedes-Independent workshop? Cheers

Just top up yr fluid water with plain water will do.