• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

If you have $200K

Guest 9339

Which coupe will you choose to buy .............

1) Brand New E200 Cab @ $200K

2) 2003 Porsche C4S Tip @ $200K with 10year COE

3) 2008 Nissan GT-R 35 @ $195K

4) Brand New Audi A5 Cab @ $185K

5) 2008 BMW 630 Cab @ $210K

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kompressor

hahahah bro very difficult to give you advise cos the mentioned cars are very different.

Take for example:

New model, branding, comfort but no performance.

If only you are a porky fan.

The only good thing about this car is performance and thats it.

Just lifestyle

Just lifestyle

Guest shawnyswsg

Depends whether its a second car... if it is, then would be the GTR anytime. Its not just performance. The ride is relatively comfortable for a car that can beat a ferrari on the tracks.

The gtr will always be a legend. Just look at the export value of the 34s...

9339 wrote:

Bro me would go for MERC anytime for the comfort and branding.... Second choice is BMW 630i always wanted to have this before even then Merc is out..... just love OPEN TOP..... was never a Porsche & NISSAN fan..... and for AUDI , guess I stayed in China too long and I hate the RED letter and white plate(Government Car, mostly A6...) there anyhow drive and park their car ..

jsiau wrote:

Bro me would go for MERC anytime for the comfort and branding.... Second choice is BMW 630i always wanted to have this before even then Merc is out..... just love OPEN TOP..... was never a Porsche & NISSAN fan..... and for AUDI , guess I stayed in China too long and I hate the RED letter and white plate(Government Car, mostly A6...) there anyhow drive and park their car ..

Hahaa....Me also anti Audi, maybe have the same feel for Audi and VW taxi....

Mmm.. E250 CGI Cabriolet.

1) Brand New E200 Cab @ $200K - Best combination of engine, looks, practicality among your choices.

2) 2003 Porsche C4S Tip @ $200K with 10year COE - No turbo no kick

3) 2008 Nissan GT-R 35 @ $195K - Too hiong for all day everyday driving

4) Brand New Audi A5 Cab @ $185K - Meh. I like avant style Audi's with RS badging.

5) 2008 BMW 630 Cab @ $210K - If you no like V6, forget this one.

Guest Cklasse5

Among all the listed choices, my vote goes to the MB E200 Cab.

My reasons (comparing among the listed choices):

(1) Lowest road-tax;

(2) Lowest fuel-consumption;

(3) Lowest insurance (This is my assumption);

(4) The others being listed (e.g. Look, practicality)

(5) 'Cos it's simply a MB!

Cheers! :)

i dont have S$200k but let me share my rm200k car purchase story. (different currency, but same rational since involving rm200k)

i bought my 2004 CLK W209 at rm200k.

that time, below cars are in my mind

i) brand new Toyota Camry 2.4 - rm175k

ii) 2005 Toyota Mark X - rm155k

iii) 2007 Toyota Estima - rm220k

iv) 2004 Honda Odessey Absolute - rm155k

v) brand new C200K W204 - rm258k

vi) brand new Audi A4 - rm238k

ended up, i bought used 2004 W209 at rm200k.

if u ask me now, i think i would rather buy a new Audi A4. at rm38k diff, i drive a brand new car but not a 5 years old W209. it was purely impulsive buying...

more over, although some car designs can be timeless classic. but an old car still an old car. the tehcnology, the equipment, specs all can be outdated.

for me, i will choose to buy a new car within current budget.

on another note: at 200k, in SG, there are so many choices.. if dollar to dollar, rm200k can never even consider a Porsche or GTR..

• 1 month later...
Guest Luci Ride

9339 wrote:

Depends what rock your boat, if it's thrill by the bucket loads & send your Adrenaline rushing when you set car up for the corner & throttle to the metal just at the apex - you'll feel like car wanna do a 180 degs on you with nose lightening up then go for the Porsche C4S but make sure it's accident free/ full AD service records/ tappets no noise & not too many owners plus if interior is Gray or Black as it's the least easily dirty & easy to shift when comes to re-selling.

However if you wanna reorientate or get re-programm what is insanely fast with iron fisted road holding & driven like there's no tomorrow yet car super safe in looking after you then Hell yes, go for the GTR but prepare to look carefully for a mint example that hasn't been shanted, serial production not less than 1000 units number, set aside S$30 grand for some tasty mods in brakes/ tranny oil cooler/ good tranny oil/ tires- non flat best as it'll not bump steer on anything less smooth than a baby bottom.

Brand new E200 Cab/ Audi A5 both hard to beat, however Audi has better build quality versus Merc ( am sorely disappointed with my W204) which is TANK LIke (Audi) & Aircon is simply out of this world Numb Spine Chilling till Bones wanna crack even when outside ambient temp reads 38-39 Degs with car being parked in the sun for 1-2 hours! However both look good as cruiser & it's a cruiser only to me.

As for Beemer 630, kinda aged now & Beemer straight 6 still; sounds magnificent whenever you floor it but power lacking hence still cruiser without many party tricks.

That's just my personal feelings :becky: