• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

old, dull and blur headlamp

Guest rasputin

Guest rasputin

Does anyone here knows where can repolish or reshine headlamps or is there such a service around?

As the w140 headlamp already more than 10yrs, thus looks old, dull and blur, guess it will be cheaper if there's such services, than to buy another original new pair. I know it's even cheaper to DIY but i do not know how and not an expert on those.

Or is it advisable to get those taiwan-make crystal clear look kind of HL but i think it is a lot more expensive than german original pair. Are these LTA legal? Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rasputin wrote:

Does anyone here knows where can repolish or reshine headlamps or is there such a service around?

As the w140 headlamp already more than 10yrs, thus looks old, dull and blur, guess it will be cheaper if there's such services, than to buy another original new pair. I know it's even cheaper to DIY but i do not know how and not an expert on those.

Or is it advisable to get those taiwan-make crystal clear look kind of HL but i think it is a lot more expensive than german original pair. Are these LTA legal? Thanks

Technically, the taiwan headlights are not legal according to LTA. I've spoken to them before regarding my family's 210. Was offered a set of Eagle crystal lens housing from Propel. It looked really nice bcos it was a projector type lens housing. The chap that rang me back from LTA wasn't very sure either so in the end, I just ordered a new set of original headlamps from my mech and got it installed. Haze gone. :)

Not much you can do to the blurry glass lens housing really. I've tried zippo lighter fluid in the past and the effect did last quite long but if the lenses are really scratched up there's not much else you can do. Most products sold to treat these problems are more for plastic lens housings.

Guest rasputin

Thanks for all your helpful replies. Guess C & C ain't come cheap too but i surf the net and came across autobac have such polishing HL for $35 per pair, which sounds quite reasonable. Anybody tried it before.. Maybe have to go down and try it..

Saw so many website having those nice crystal-clear HL, mainly from US or europe. Guess over here, it's tough! By the time I import in, LTA may say no.. sigh

I had checked that one of the outside workshop quote me $340 per original pair inclusive of installation. Still thinking which one to go for

rasputin wrote:

Thanks for all your helpful replies. Guess C & C ain't come cheap too but i surf the net and came across autobac have such polishing HL for $35 per pair, which sounds quite reasonable. Anybody tried it before.. Maybe have to go down and try it..

Saw so many website having those nice crystal-clear HL, mainly from US or europe. Guess over here, it's tough! By the time I import in, LTA may say no.. sigh

I had checked that one of the outside workshop quote me $340 per original pair inclusive of installation. Still thinking which one to go for

Tot 3M has this cleaner for glass. Vaguely rem a fren who tried it on his car hl cover and it worked rather well....