• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Air filter

Guest angela

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

I have KNN drop in filters for my M112 V6 engine and also sprint booster installed.

The car (W211 E Class) feels much smoother. Sweet!

A warm welcome to you! ;D

Finally U made your appearance!

I was wondering where you are! ???

Just changed the K&N air filter today..cost me $118 at MBM. Done in less than 10 minutes. Heard from friendly Boss he will be bringing in W204 Brabus kit when time comes..wow...cant wait to see the first car who does that modification.

Can sense that the car can somewhat breath better but performance wise not that drastic change.

:)

Guest angela

I have KNN drop in filters for my M112 V6 engine and also sprint booster installed.

The car (W211 E Class) feels much smoother. Sweet!

A warm welcome to you! ;D

Finally U made your appearance!

I was wondering where you are! ???

Thanks for the warm welcome. Hope to post more often here.

Cheers!

Guest angela

Hi Guys,

Adding Air filter does help a little to make the engine breathe better. But of coz dont expect drastic change. I assume the orignal stock filter is made of paper. Have not seen for this engine. Imagine using paper to breathe thru compared to KNN material. Of course KNN can be breathe better. But to me, i am more concerned about the noise produced. Any inputs regarding the sound produce. Louder than before?

Cheers all....

Guest angela

So bro, in the end does it help?? :) me driving w211 will it work on mine??

I would say change it when it is time to have the filter replaced. Else do it when either the posion gets into your sleep or you got 3 $50 notes calling K&N... :)

Sprint booster has a much better effect but it is 3 times the price haha...

I do hav sprint booster installed in my car...think will try e air filter