• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Air filter

Guest angela

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest angela

Not at all. Specially formulated oil properties to trap dirt while increasing air flow. K&N also has 30+yrs experience in the air filter segment. Moreover their air filter is a perfect fit for the W203.

Guest kepiting1sg

Not at all. Specially formulated oil properties to trap dirt while increasing air flow. K&N also has 30+yrs experience in the air filter segment. Moreover their air filter is a perfect fit for the W203.

I am using K&N for my W203 too.

Came with the Kleemann K-Box package. ;D

Guest angela

There are lots of discussion regarding "oil" air filter effect on the MAF sensors, and there are many different opinions. For me, I have been using K&N in almost all my cars, both Japanese and continental, and have never experience any problem on my air sensors (*touch wood). When it is the time to wash and re-oil the filter, it might have been re-oiled too much and the excess oil could kill the MAF. So my advice is get someone with experience to wash and re-oil the filter or just buy a new one. ;)

Guest Cklasse

ok...this is another poison.

How much is this poison, where to fix, where to wash, does it really has some improvement for the car and who want to take this poison with me?

Guest angela

What about the "shiok" part after taking poison? Does the car take off better? ;D

Aft sprint booster+air filter, sure shiok one. It is a well known fact that with a K&N filter sure to have improvements. If dyno then will be more accurate.

K&N can be trusted to be better & overall good for yr Merc.

Guest kepiting1sg

The poison seeps deep into your veins and there's no antidote for it!!!!

Mai Ko Tan Liao lah!........wahahahahaha ;D ;D ;D

Guest angela

Hey guys, dont expect too much with a $120 mod. The air filter will give you better throttle responds and may be higher top speed as the engine can breath better now. If on a dyno, you might get something like 1-3 hp improvement. ;) I think Speedworks is the authorised distributor for K&N (selling more expensive, i think) and they can provide before and after dyno (not free :P)

BTW, the best increase in power is to installed supercharger/turbo and/or reputable header/extractor upgrade. ;D I guess MBM is the place to go. ;D

The poison seeps deep into your veins and there's no antidote for it!!!!

Mai Ko Tan Liao lah!........wahahahahaha ;D ;D ;D

Just changed my air filter last december donno if its worthwhile to change. Can any1 advise? Theres really a lot of poison here...

Guest angela

OKL ]

The poison seeps deep into your veins and there' wrote:

Just changed my air filter last december donno if its worthwhile to change. Can any1 advise? Theres really a lot of poison here...

Its proven that K&N allows yr car to breathe much better than stock filters. I believe it will greatly help when mid-high revs. If $120 is no issue, then this is one of the most basic yet useful mod to upgrade yr car.

Guest mekenics

agreed if $120 not a prob + this is a good poison.

filter alone wont really give u a noticable diff unless u r some 5th gear presentator or jeremy cl@rkson or smthg like that.

me did this together with SB install. no -ve reports thus far!

;D ;D ;D

if i watch the lights timing well, pullin away from a red light does seem much easier well. no supercar improvement but will do for me! 8)

Guest angela

No doubt about it that changing to KNN is better. One con to me is it might sound abit to rough for 4 cylinders engine. But it will sound nicer on a 6 cylinder & above. I have yet to try on my 200k. Anyway here can verified that the sound difference is not much compared to stock air CONE filter.

cheers...

Guest jenvid

Well I have driven a W203 for 3 yrs before dropping in the E-2011. Got it free from Performance Products by flute. I find that there is much diff in throttle response & top end.

Why ? the stk filter is designed for a supercharged engine, if u look at the org filter it has a very wide contact surface whereas compared to K&N seems much equivalent.

Do note that K&N filter is more porous thus in our hazy environment more particulate goes into the engine compartment thus engine wear may marginally increase.

I have no doubt that if one drop a K&N into a normal aspirated engine, the effect is very significant but supercharged, only the dyno will tell.

bro, can describe about E-2011? what brand? where can get it and how much? do u have their website to share with us?

bro think this link can help you

http://www.speedworks.com.my/v2/kn_air1.cfm

and can get from this coy's SG branch at Geylang lane... if you wana go get it, tell me, maybe group buy hehehe, i also want

Guest jenvid

Well I have driven a W203 for 3 yrs before dropping in the E-2011. Got it free from Performance Products by flute. I find that there is much diff in throttle response & top end.

Why ? the stk filter is designed for a supercharged engine, if u look at the org filter it has a very wide contact surface whereas compared to K&N seems much equivalent.

Do note that K&N filter is more porous thus in our hazy environment more particulate goes into the engine compartment thus engine wear may marginally increase.

I have no doubt that if one drop a K&N into a normal aspirated engine, the effect is very significant but supercharged, only the dyno will tell.

bro, can describe about E-2011? what brand? where can get it and how much? do u have their website to share with us?

E-2011 is the K&N Drop in filter for the W203. I got mine free from US.

This is my story...

I ordered it from the source[uS] when the M271 engine was just fresh from the mint. However when it came, it was a cone. Without even popping open my airfilter compartment, I called n complained they gave me a wrong one. They did some check & agreed. Refunded me my $ and asked me to keep it.

A couple of years later while browsing thru MBWorld & looking at the Kleeman kit, I realised that it indeed was the correct one. hiaks. So pop open my filter and dropped it in mid last yr. ;D

Previously I was obtain mine from Speedworks, the boss is a nice chap n you can try to bringing the price down.

BTW I realised that my previous post, I omitted the very impt 'not'. :P

So it shld read as

I find that there is _not_ much diff in throttle response & top end.

Guest jenvid

So bro, in the end does it help?? :) me driving w211 will it work on mine??

I would say change it when it is time to have the filter replaced. Else do it when either the posion gets into your sleep or you got 3 $50 notes calling K&N... :)

Sprint booster has a much better effect but it is 3 times the price haha...