• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

H&R Lowering Springs Group Order OPEN TO ALL MERCEDES BENZ MODELS

just wondering anyone interested in Getting H&R Springs?

I'm thinking of organising a Group Buy from Autovox!

I know some members are interested!!

FYI: I dun get any kick backs from these! cos i myself may also be getting a set too..

Shall closed this Group buy by this month meetup! 28th Oct.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much will it cost for a set for W124 and how much lower?

same model as what i had enquired, a set cost $370, how much lower i really dunno, they say must be at least 5 group buyers, price can be brought down to roughly $300, this is what they say. as they quote saying recently a Suzuki group bought the H & R Springs about 7 buyers, of different suzuki models, their average cost per buyer is about $280!!

Front approx 1.5" lower than stock - Rear approx 1.3" lower than stock

If you're running 17" rims - safer to stick to 215/45/17 tyre on a 17" x 7.5" sized rim to avoid rubbing issues with your suspension.

For general driving within Singapore = no worries mate :)

For driving long distance ie, KL etc comfort levels will suffer as spring rate and shock absorber rate not exactly matched. Ideal combo would be to go for H&R springs + Bilstein HD or Sport shocks but that is another price category altogether.

For those outfitted with bodykits, please be careful especially when parking. You WILL scrape either front or rear portion of your vehicle.

**You may want to consider getting an aftermarket camber/castor kit to compensate for the drop in ride height. Most automobiles will have toe adjustment but adjusting that may increase the rate of wear on your tyres. Camber/castor kits help to prevent inner wear on your expensive low profile tyres as well as maximizing the area of contact between the road and your vehicle. Too much negative camber and you'll drift easier! :)

Interested in getting a set... that makes 2 so far. Perhaps we can do a cut off date for the order say in 1.5 weeks. Full payment to Autovox.

LOWER AT YOUR OWN RISK. PLEASE CHECK IF THIS CONTRAVENES ANY WARRANTY CONDITION.

well bro, they(autovox) say dun need to be just the same model.

if same model got 5 buyers, best la, if can't get, but got other models, like W210, W203 ...... also can combine to lower the cost!

ok set a date? hee hee by our this month meetup?

my ride is with lowered spring now and the rear camber is terrible bout -3 on left and right and its hard to clear high humps when there is 4 -5 person in the car. if i get the HR ones is there any way to increase the height like adding rubber or stopper stuffs? thanks

my ride is with lowered spring now and the rear camber is terrible bout -3 on left and right and its hard to clear high humps when there is 4 -5 person in the car. if i get the HR ones is there any way to increase the height like adding rubber or stopper stuffs? thanks

Hi Mike what brand of springs are you currently using ? Even if you change your spring pads, the camber problem will not go away. You will need to get a camber and castor kit. There is an Australian company called k-mac that provides a solution for both front and rear.

Read more about the solution here for W124 - http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83062

K-Mac does have solutions for other models as well. www.k-mac.com

Let me check with my friends down under to see what the trade price is. ;D

keltanky ]

me me me!!.. i am keen. R170. pls PM me. wrote:

ok R170, will check it out with autovox as in what is the price.

Thanks bro. btw,where will you get ur springs installed? maybe we can do a package for all who buys the springs too.

also, will u be installing kmac and front camber bolts?

thank bro dial911 i know that kmac offers the rear camber correction kit but bit costly and need to order on line. maybe bringing the ride height up abit might help abit? i m not sure though. i m not sure on wat spring is on my ride right now but its red in color. can check the price for the kmac product. thanks in advance.

thank bro dial911 i know that kmac offers the rear camber correction kit but bit costly and need to order on line. maybe bringing the ride height up abit might help abit? i m not sure though. i m not sure on wat spring is on my ride right now but its red in color. can check the price for the kmac product. thanks in advance.

if it's red in colour it may be Bilstein spring.

ok i'm interested in the H&Rs. count me in for the group buy. anyone got any advice on koni fsd dampers? heard from autovox that it works real well for those with low profile tyres.

ok i'm interested in the H&Rs. count me in for the group buy. anyone got any advice on koni fsd dampers? heard from autovox that it works real well for those with low profile tyres.

Hi Ian,

Thought i bumped into you at Autovox on Tuesday.

In any case, hope you managed to sort out the issues pertaining to the Kompressor.

Back on the Group Buy, i MAY consider getting H&R springs for the W140 ;)

Will decide by month end.

cheers!

Ok the latest in the Group buy(interested & confirm)

1) dial911 - W124

2) ian511 - W209

3) desmondsee - W209(confirm ??)

4) et209 - R170(confirm ??)

5) W208 - W140(confirm ??)

anymore people interested in joining this group buy? pls state your model.

price listed are only the retail price, still haven't group buy discount. and don't include installation charges

1) W124 - $370.00

2) W209 - $500.00

3) R170- $700.00

W208 ]

ok i' wrote:

Hi Ian,

In any case, hope you managed to sort out the issues pertaining to the Kompressor.

Back on the Group Buy, i MAY consider getting H&R springs for the W140 ;)

Will decide by month end.

cheers!

yeah the kompressor's gonna suck my wallet dry and the rest of the poison will have to be put on hold... :-\

when you coming over again?

ok, the latest as follow, i have enquire more model's prices.

1) dial911 - W124

2) ian511 - W209

4) W208 - W140(confirm ??)

5)

price listed are only the retail price, still haven't group buy discount. and don't include installation charges

1) W124 - $370.00

2) W209 - $500.00

3) R170- $700.00

4) W203- $500.00

5) W140 - $700.00

6) W211 - $450.00

ian511 ]

W208 ]

ok i' wrote:

Hi Ian,

Back on the Group Buy, i MAY consider getting H&R springs for the W140 wrote:

yeah the kompressor's gonna suck my wallet dry and the rest of the poison will have to be put on hold... :-\

when you coming over again?

Ian,

I'm scheduled to be in SG next (early) Sat morning for the weekend.

Will be making a pit stop at Benzline then :)

Ian,

I'm scheduled to be in SG next (early) Sat morning for the weekend.

Will be making a pit stop at Benzline then :)

Maybe i'll join you at benzline if I haven't got anything on then. But i'll prob be down at MBM getting my kompressor fixed. = )

Anyway, any news about the H&R group buy? i think my baby's been having real rough rides and needs new springs soon...heh

ok, the latest as follow, i have enquire more model's prices.

1) dial911 - W124

2) ian511 - W209

4) W208 - W140(confirm ??)

5)

1) W124 - $370.00

2) W209 - $500.00

3) R170- $700.00

4) W203- $500.00

5) W140 - $700.00

6) W211 - $450.00

what about the price for W204?