• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Drilled/Slotted Rotor for W124

Guest Mike

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sirBenz

Balo from germany. labour is 90 bux for replacement of all rotor, brake pads and changing of brake fluid. there is brembo rotor avaiable oso at $90 front pair.

bro, your rotor issit single or double? changed mine (single) last year to febi @ 22 bucks front 20 bucks rear...find the braking not that good..planing to change again..any idea how much is the original part?

Guest sirBenz

hi sirbenz mine is double vented type. u r driving 8valve i suppose?

balo is gd enough alrdy no need to get original.

yup 8v, i'll give balo a shot then.

kel..did ask propel was quoted $300 bucks for rotor and caliper.

sorry the hijack this tread, i have this bitchass tick tick tick noise from my engine .its seems to follow engine speed..will come on and off while driving...will be quite after driving for 15min.

Just serviced the car.

1.Mobile1 15W50 from Giant full syn..b4 this dino oil 15w40

2.New Plugs

3.New rotor

Any idea guys?

Ta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sirBenz

Hi Vega,

The tick tick noise is greatly reduced . :)

The lifters cost me $10/pc febi and i did replace 2 other parts which goes along with each lifters..sorry can't recall what they are called, one it cost $2.8/pc and the other $2.0/pc..since mine is 8v, needed 8 of each.

Total damage $114.6.

Btw is ur buddy the great MunChong here?

P/s : Next project timing chain

Hi Sirbenz,

Have you changed out the lifters yet? What's the price like?

Has it resolved the sound for you?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Guest alumetal

I got 1 set of Big Brake Disc for the w124 16V

Disc slotted, dia is 330mm , got adaptor for using the original caliper and brake pad.

Superior braking.

Interested pls PM me.