• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Cabin Circulation always off !

Guest rssid

Hi guys yes yes yes i know the cabin circulation button is always off when we 1st get into the car but is there a way to have it on all the time instead ? My drives are relatively short so theres no real requirement to have it open ever 30 mins or so and esp when I startup the car.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rssid wrote:

Hi guys yes yes yes i know the cabin circulation button is always off when we 1st get into the car but is there a way to have it on all the time instead ? My drives are relatively short so theres no real requirement to have it open ever 30 mins or so and esp when I startup the car.

hi bro i doubt it. ): dont mind me asking but why do you need it on. isnt fresh air better unless theres a nasty odour around outside

Guest blackmercs

Cerano wrote:

hi bro i doubt it. ): dont mind me asking but why do you need it on. isnt fresh air better unless theres a nasty odour around outside

I hate it when it is off, if a super oldies lorry infront of you with black smoke u will know what i mean during a traffic stop. I dont own a SAF sword, if not i will used it to chop off the exhaust pipe!!!

For korean car can be modded continously "on" everytime u starts yr car. Till now have not heard anyone wants to explore on mercs for this simple mod.

Guest bbwannabe

i must say i am getting quite used to the default off setting.

the original reason they made it so is that with cabin recirculation on, the oxygen level in the cabin drops, drivers get sleepy and accident happens.

indeed, (hope it is not placebo) that with the settings off, i feel more awake even for drives at wee hours.

Guest nightfly

Actually if your journeys are usually < 30minutes then all you need is a simple change of habit when turning on the AC. This will work for people like me who make it a habit to off the AC before engine shutdown. After starting the engine just press the 'circulate' button to turn on the AC instead of using any of the other buttons. Try it!

Guest xtrocious

Yah, very irritating at times...

On my daily drive to work, I will always pass by one place that smells of manure (just outside the Botanical Gardens) and if I forget to push the button, the whole car will get a "nice" perfume...grrrrr

Guest Clear Vision

Just for info...

1) When you press the Ac Ciculation "ON" you will see the red Light up.

This is when the Flap is SHUT and air inside the cabin is recirculated.

2) When red Light is OFF. the flap is open and air come in to cabin from outside.

Some may be confuse what if OFF and what if ON....

In short, RED LIGHT "ON" means air recirculate.

RED LIGHT "OFF" mean air come in from outside.

Guest xtrocious

blackmercs wrote:

I hate it when it is off, if a super oldies lorry infront of you with black smoke u will know what i mean during a traffic stop. I dont own a SAF sword, if not i will used it to chop off the exhaust pipe!!!

For korean car can be modded continously "on" everytime u starts yr car. Till now have not heard anyone wants to explore on mercs for this simple mod.

SAF sword is not sharp one lah - cannot even chop sugar cane (not that I tried)...hahah

What you need is a "kill bill" katana - confirm can chop and dice whatever you want :P

• 1 month later...
Guest ping911

rssid wrote:

Why don't we do a collective pettition to Merc to get them to give us a fix for this. Nothing like getting many signatures backing up request. If this doesn't work, then send to Merc global.

Straight from the user's manual of your vehicle.

7. Air recirculation Prevents most dust and odors fromentering the vehicle: Presson/offTip: Air recirculation willremain activated only for 5minutes if outside temperatureis less than 40°F and for 30minutes if outside temperatureis greater than 40°F

So why isn't recirculation turned on permanently ? Ever noticed those bad odours emanating from your aircon vents after prolonged use of recirculation ? Apparently constant recirculation induces moisture retention in the system which creates the perfect environment for bacteria and mould to flourish.

It's all good folks.