• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What can we do to SLK200 to increase the performance?

Guest angela

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies guys, how bout Brabus? Do we have any shops selling their parts here?

I'm not sure abt singapore but i think Naza is the official distributor in Malaysia. They even have a showroom in KL and all the showroom cars are in black!!

Guest kepiting1sg

unker, you forgotten the 2 wing. hahaha

U can see lotta rides here in Pleasure Island with all kind of wings as if they are going to take off anytime. BUT sometime U cannot tahan these jokers who drive @ 30 to 40 kmph on the outer lane. They neber look into their rear view mirror or wing mirrors as if they have a stiff neck for life.

FLY ROBIN FLY!!!! UP UP TO THE SKYYYY!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest johnglh

hi Im a newbie as well. What is the price of installing the below as mentioned by you? just for budgetting sake.

Wah,

Power lah..very very gam siah!

Spring Booster, 230 Supercharger, K-Box, Pulley Kit, Vaeth Intercooler, Kleemann Headers & Cat Converter. :P :P :P

Guest kepiting1sg

hi Im a newbie as well. What is the price of installing the below as mentioned by you? just for budgetting sake.

Wah,

Power lah..very very gam siah!

Spring Booster, 230 Supercharger, K-Box, Pulley Kit, Vaeth Intercooler, Kleemann Headers & Cat Converter. :P :P :P

My estimate including installation around $12K.

MBM should be able to gip U a detail quotation.

Guest kepiting1sg

WITH ALL THESE ADD ON, HOW MUCH BHP AND POWER DIFFERENCE AM I LOOKING AT FROM A STANDARD 1.8 LITRE SLK ?

Probably >230bhp @ the flywheel!

Guest SgLaKsa

WITH ALL THESE ADD ON, HOW MUCH BHP AND POWER DIFFERENCE AM I LOOKING AT FROM A STANDARD 1.8 LITRE SLK ?

Hi johnglh and kompressor,

Below are some information i received from MBM which u r interested in (kompressor might be interested in the dyno test), enjoy:

For having the 230 supercharger, it helps to have a higher boost to the engine system. It's orginal part from Merc benz.

For Kleemann k box system, as you have read in the website, is an enlarged and lightened crankshaft pulley to reduce engine load and to boost more for the supercharger. Includes K&N filter and V belt. There is also a fuel damper involved to maintain the fuel pressure and lastly the K-box to send signal to communicate with engine ECU.

Kleemann header with cat converter is to reduce back pressure, to " smoothen" the flow of the exhuast air. Effective esp when you push your car more.

Intercooler is to reduce the heat of the engine so as to prevent power loss from high engine temperature.

Sprint booster just amplifies the signal of the accelerator sensor to the ECU, thus you actually accelerate more with same pedal movement.

We have actually installed all of the above, and the dano reading is close to 245BHP before the engine cut off to protect from over reving...

Re-mapping only required if you want to de-limit your car. All cars are limited to 240km-250km. I can take that off for you is you ever want to drive that fast[/i].[/color]

Guest kepiting1sg

Bro, probably 210hp to 220hp range.

I like to see the dyno result. Who from MBM you received the below info?

CBlack will boil if it show 245hp. hahahahah

Must also ask whether @ the the flywheel or wheels?

Guest SgLaKsa

Bro, probably 210hp to 220hp range.

I like to see the dyno result. Who from MBM you received the below info?

CBlack will boil if it show 245hp. hahahahah

Hi Patrick,

It was an e-mail from Kelvin of MBM ;)

Cheers