• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Greetings from a W126 player

Guest ckbenz

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am glad to stumbled over this through search of Mercedes over the internet.

Please allow me to intro myself,I am from Malaysia and will be heading to Singapore to continue my surgical training soon. I am a big Merc fan and has toyed with W115 220, W124 300E, W202 C200, C280 throughout my driving life either in KL or UK ( Did my degree and basic training there). At present, I am back in Malaysia and doing up a W126 300SE.

The car is in Jet black ( resprayed with rather poor workmanship) couple with light grey leather interior.

Image0009.jpg

Things that I have done to the car:

1.Konked BATTERY. Replaced with DIN88 Battery- RMM350

2. Weird rubbing sound when turning stationary. Replaced steeirng box and misc adjustment. Replaced new Brake pads and sensors.- Total RM 1050

3. Broken rubber on passenger front door latch. Replaced rubber- RM 40

4. Black anti shatters tint, JPJ compliant with 15 years warranty- RM600

5. Refurbishing wood interior and changing to Maple's Bird Eye. Repainting all door cards and console. re-wrap leather on steering- RM1700.

6. repainting all 4 door handles- RM100

7. New black JVC CD/MP3 player with aux input- RM270 including installation. Black face to match the wood

8. New Pioneer 6 inch speakers for the rear- RM190 including installation.

9. Electric sunblind with metal pole on the side, like those seen on E and S classes. Booked, to be installed.

10. Half leather Half wood steering with Chrome emblem.

- RM1000

11. Refurbish front headlights casing and sealants- RM80

12. Replace walnut shifter to original MB W126 Leather shifter. sourced from ebay uk- RM 110

13. Console storage wood lid box in grey, taken off from a 560sel, sourced from Ebay US- USD 100- RM380

I will be looking out for a Merc in Sg once I start my career there. Hope to learn and share more about Mercedes here more.

regards

ck

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mothersuperior wrote:

Welcome on board ck!

Looks like you got quite the project there! We've got a few W126 owners on board that login from time to time.

That's a pretty nice backdrop the graffiti. Are you on 18"s ?

Hope to see you at our meetups when you're over in Singapore.

Thank you mothersuperior for the kind and warm welcome.

My W126 is going strong and I have decided to revert the AMG look back to Original classic look. Hence I am sourcing for a set of 15 inch 15 holes flat face wheels which is quite difficult to get.

Meanwhile, I am thinking of repainting the car and my choice of colour will be 1. Teanite Grey

2. Cubanite Silver

3. Jet Black

Got a quotation for all Layers Glasurit: RM3.5K for changing colour and RM2.8k for using original black.

what do you guys say?

regards

ck

ckbenz wrote:

Thank you mothersuperior for the kind and warm welcome.

My W126 is going strong and I have decided to revert the AMG look back to Original classic look. Hence I am sourcing for a set of 15 inch 15 holes flat face wheels which is quite difficult to get.

Meanwhile, I am thinking of repainting the car and my choice of colour will be 1. Teanite Grey

2. Cubanite Silver

3. Jet Black

Got a quotation for all Layers Glasurit: RM3.5K for changing colour and RM2.8k for using original black.

what do you guys say?

regards

ck

Part-RIM-NLA15-New%20Look%20Alloy%20Rim%20-%2015%20inch.jpg

Are these the rims you are referring to ? With the sheer number of wrecking yards in your country, I think you have a better chance over there! :bounce: I am sure the UK will have something like this but the rate of exchange may prove to be a deterrent.

RM3.5k is very very reasonable for a complete change of colour using Glasurit paint.

Cubanite silver may be a little too bright for a long wheelbase vehicle. I tried looking for teanite silver but can't find any indication of the shade. I'm guessing it's a darker, teal-ish type of silver ?

Personally I am in favour of keeping it jet black. Maybe it's just the memories I still have in my head of VIPs in Dubai riding in their bulletproof jet black W126s. :becky:

Just do a great restoration job on your headlight lenses, side indicator reflectors and rear tailight lenses if you haven't already plus chrome bumper strips, rubber strips, side cladding replacement.

Thanks again... Mother superior

I actually found a set of this alloy wheels, fully refurbished and painted silver. The tyre store is selling rims alone- RM700.

If couple with Michelin 205/65 Brand New tyres, package will be RM1.5K

I am still quite undecided on the colour. The car supposedly going to paint workshop next week but still hesitant to do so as I am still undecided. The Cubanite Silver is a good choice but like you say, is too light a colour and cannot accentuate the lines of the W126.

I dont know how I got teanite grey in my mind, is actually Flint grey from the W211 model. Was following one this morning and I must say is a good looking colour.

Jet Black will be the more conservative choice. But since I am forking out for the repaint, I thought might as well have a different colour for a change.

I am in the midst of acquiring a nice W140 S320L and I have managed to locate ORIGINAL WALD bodykit and Wheels for it! hehee.. it will be interesting and finger cross, deal should goes through next week.

steviec wrote:

Hi everyone

Sorry to hijack but I couldnt resist contributing to this w126 thread as I notice there are fewer w126 lovers around.

Here are some pictures of my 1991 w126

enjoy

Hi StevieC,

Very very neat W126 you have there. Is that a 500SE ? Your interior trim looks very very good for it's age. Almost pristine. Love the old school vents. :)

Our collection of W126 lovers and drivers are very busy people and hardly have the time to login. But I'm sure they'll surface very soon.

ckbenz wrote:

Thanks again... Mother superior

I actually found a set of this alloy wheels, fully refurbished and painted silver. The tyre store is selling rims alone- RM700.

If couple with Michelin 205/65 Brand New tyres, package will be RM1.5K

I am still quite undecided on the colour. The car supposedly going to paint workshop next week but still hesitant to do so as I am still undecided. The Cubanite Silver is a good choice but like you say, is too light a colour and cannot accentuate the lines of the W126.

I dont know how I got teanite grey in my mind, is actually Flint grey from the W211 model. Was following one this morning and I must say is a good looking colour.

Jet Black will be the more conservative choice. But since I am forking out for the repaint, I thought might as well have a different colour for a change.

I am in the midst of acquiring a nice W140 S320L and I have managed to locate ORIGINAL WALD bodykit and Wheels for it! hehee.. it will be interesting and finger cross, deal should goes through next week.

Had a closer look at the flint grey you mentioned. Yep, it looks pretty darn decent as well. Reckon you can pull it off nicely. Request for more clear coat layers to make the depth of the paint really stand out.

You're one heck of a lucky !@#$@. The W140 is supreme. VIP style, it is one car I would not hesitate to own hands down. It still looks the part a good 17 years after it's initial release.

• 2 weeks later...

Not been here for some time as I am busy with my new toy- W140 S320L 94/95 in Azurite Blue! Just popped a set of 19 inch original Lorinser RSK3 fully refurbished and polished 2 piece wheels.

Will post some pictures and start a thread soon on the restoration of that beast.

My W126 however is still a joy to drive and I recently did some minor updates to it. I was able to source a roller box for the centre compartment from ebay and got that laminated to Maple's bird eye grain to match the rest of my interior.

Pictures to show the transformation from my originial interior to new trims.

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

New trims

Image0047.jpg

Image0050.jpg

comments are most welcomed.

rgds

ck