• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where to get the projector headlamp for my W203?

Guest crashover77

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg

I am driving a 04' C200. I have seen some W203 having the projector xenon headlamps and also the s-class rear lamps. Where can I get these and how much?

The Bi-Xenon IMHO does make the car looks much loveable ;D

This is a closeup look of the Bi-Xenon on my W203

front.jpg

My car got bump by a stupid biXXX last week and my headlights are gone..previously bought the bi xenon from benzline plus all the rear led for 2000 plus...cant remember exact $$.

Did my homework yesterday and called up various suppliers.

Verdict. I bought a taiwan version costing $600 from benzline. Will be modifying using my old bixenon to achieve the HID effect.

Original bixenon is now selling at $1700 at benzline. Cheapest from all suppliers I called. But without installation. Hup Soon Tat selling $1050 per piece haven add in GST. I find them a bit lame as they quote me per piece and had me thinking the price was for a set until I was going to confirm the purchase. Autovox dont carry them at all.

If you just want the crystal look and not bothered about HID, then the taiwan version will probably suit you fine as it look 95% same. Fitting a not have yet to see as my car is still in the workshop. Should there be any problems I am still able to return the taiwan version for the original $1700 bixenon.

Hope it helps.

Another way is to check out this Sgmerc forum often, everyday.

Thanks to the tip here that leads me to someone who wants to sell his one year old Xenon light.

I got mine for $600 and after installation is about $700+.

A Xenon light really makes the car newer. There is no regret in getting it and I have to knock myself for not getting it earlier. ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

I believe there are 2 German versions.

1 by Hella & the other by Robert Borsch.

Hella is OEM but I was told the quality from R Borsch is better.

My Bi-Xenons are from R Borsch.

I was again among the early few who fitted the Bi-Xenon from Benzline.

I remembered I paid >S$2500 inclusive of installation.

If it's $1,700 now by Benzline, IMO it's "cheaper" than compared what I paid 3 years back.

For installation, they will need to jack up the car and take out the front bumper to do the installation.

My Bi-Xenons are from R Borsch.

The installer need to go into the Diagnostic Program to activate the lighting system to recognise that Xenon lighting is present.

When the installer did not do that earlier. The Bi-Xenons at times do not work or they work and goes off abruptly.

A few months of after installation, sometime I found water vapor got into the lamps especially after raining. I was told it was due to faulty seals.

Benzline changed a new set for me FOC.

Does your water vapor goes away after rain stopped? My E90 hase this problem but PML claimed its normal leh.

A few months of after installation, sometime I found water vapor got into the lamps especially after raining. I was told it was due to faulty seals.

Guest kepiting1sg

Does your water vapor goes away after rain stopped? My E90 hase this problem but PML claimed its normal leh.

Mine will go away not when the rain has stopped but only when the weather gets warmer after a rain. At 1st Benzline told me it's normal but I told them I won't take that for an answer. Now after > 2.5 years with the replacement nothing of the vapor appear again.

Ouch! Touch wood! ;D ;D ;D

U should check with other E90 owners if the vapor on your lamps is normal.

I have my doubts! ;)

Water Vapour inside?? ?? ?? I teach u away to get rid of it...... But Starbucks Coffee on u??

Many E90 owners have this complaint at PML. But my E60 does not have this problem leh. ???

Mine will go away not when the rain has stopped but only when the weather gets warmer after a rain. At 1st Benzline told me it's normal but I told them I won't take that for an answer. Now after > 2.5 years with the replacement nothing of the vapor appear again.

I have my doubts! ;)

Btw, yours is one side or both side? My E90 is both left and right. :(

I have my doubts! ;)

Guest kepiting1sg

Eugene ]

Mine will go away not when the rain has stopped but only when the weather gets warmer after a rain. At 1st Benzline told me it' wrote:

Mine was both sides too but when Benzline changed a new set of head lamps no more such problem. ;D

Ok thks. Im gonna bang PML's table again! ;D

kepiting1sg ]

Mine will go away not when the rain has stopped but only when the weather gets warmer after a rain. At 1st Benzline told me it' wrote:

Mine was both sides too but when Benzline changed a new set of head lamps no more such problem. ;D