• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

what's your rpm at 100kmh?

Guest tomasulu

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the '05 e240 is not 7gtronic right? so only 5 gears? they tend to go higher at that speed.

if im lucky, on a relatively cool night on CTE i can get 100kmph at just a lil above 2,000rpm on my W203 C180...

my '07 E60 523... even though on 6 gears it needs ard 2.5k to get 100kmph.. with windows down (greatly increasing drag) i sometimes go near 3,000rpm in gear 6... terrible...

ur 520 1.8k rpm is a damn dream for me.

This has to do with the transmission gear ratio, as long as the same transmission i.e gear box is used, the rpm will always be the same no matter what outside temperature is or whether you drive at day or night. Don't think Cnc will do anything for you, it can only be done by changing the your fifth gear or the final gear ratio.

the rpm will always be the same no matter what outside temperature is or whether you drive at day or night.

really meh? i can confirm my C180 ~2,000rpm at 100kmph with windows up and a/c on. but the moment windows down the rpm has to increase to maintain 100kmph...

i drive alone mostly at night, so not much variables..

Guest stealth123

i drive a 280... just noticed also that my rpm when my car cruises at 100km/h - about 2000 rpm. (also with aircon and radio on)

interesting how the rpm stays constant regardless of model huh :)

i drive a 280... just noticed also that my rpm when my car cruises at 100km/h - about 2000 rpm. (also with aircon and radio on)

interesting how the rpm stays constant regardless of model huh :)

not for w124 leh :banghead:

Guest mr w124

well, my 124 is abt 3.1k at hundred. old 124 was abt 2.9. they say after tuning the engine n advancing the timing, can hit abt 2.7k at 100kph. older merc i guess. plus 4 spd auto......damm...i badly wanted to get the 5spd manual from tagore..

Hi Mr 124, mine 124 E220 is like 3k rpm at 110km/h. and search thru the forum mentioned that this is the standard speed to check on the gearbox condition. but not sure is other model having the same checking method...

:)

the rpm will always be the same no matter what outside temperature is or whether you drive at day or night.

really meh? i can confirm my C180 ~2,000rpm at 100kmph with windows up and a/c on. but the moment windows down the rpm has to increase to maintain 100kmph...

i drive alone mostly at night, so not much variables..

Brudder, windows wound down at 100km/h creates drag = macam parachute effect hence your engine has to work slightly harder to increase rpm. :thumbsup: Moral of story, on aircon better haha

Brudder, windows wound down at 100km/h creates drag = macam parachute effect hence your engine has to work slightly harder to increase rpm. :thumbsup: Moral of story, on aircon better haha

ya lor.. but den ppl like me who got 4 door, want to sexperience the joy of having the wind thru my air like convertible... only way to do so... i feel like opening the front windows creates less drag compared to opening the rear windows...

ya lor.. but den ppl like me who got 4 door, want to sexperience the joy of having the wind thru my air like convertible... only way to do so... i feel like opening the front windows creates less drag compared to opening the rear windows...

Borrow Mercy's SLK since nobody taking care of it for her. :P

This is an interesting read about how drag increases exponentially over 50mph http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-economy/how-to-get-better-fuel-economy1.htm

Guest mr w124

Hi Mr 124, mine 124 E220 is like 3k rpm at 110km/h. and search thru the forum mentioned that this is the standard speed to check on the gearbox condition. but not sure is other model having the same checking method...

:)

Hi Alex. Well, mech said the gearbox is alright. got to advance the timing i guess. 3k at 110 sounds good man. but then again, yours is a 2.2 litre engine. guess your ratios would be different. nvm. i just got to do some trial and error.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest tomasulu

hmm, 2k rpm is what i expected. so what's the conclusion here? why is it that folks experience such different rpms at 100kmh? can I get c&c to eh (noob term alert) tune it down a notch?