• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Air con problem for w124

Guest mr w124

Guest mr w124

Hi guys. my new 124 myr 91 has been running well. sorted out the dampers n old pipes. it had only run 175k km when i got it and i tend to believe the mileage because of this : When my mech was changing out the ball joints for the front, he had a tough time and had to take off the whole arm. then we realised that the screws had turned blue which in itself meant that this was the first time that the parts were being changed. That explained y this car feels so much better than my previous 124. Good stuff. Pending repairs include a valve seal replacement in the head n prob a top overhaul.

One prob that i cant identify is the fact that sometimes, the ac starts to get warm, even on a cold day, as if the compressor suddenly cuts out. Did not press any of the ac buttons. i then have to switch off the engine n start immediately, then the ac would be back to normal, very cold. Any one else ever experienced the same thing?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jameslhm

wat relay? if it was the relay, would the hot air be blowing out? thought if electrical then the blower would cut out completely

maybe ask ur mac whether the air con relay is faulty? if yes jus change it hmmm it cost less than 200 for the orginal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alexng

Hi Bro, the relay is not cheap for original. it's 1 box consist of not only aircon but some other relay as well.

what I request my mechanic do is externally connect the relay and it only cost S$5 for the external relay but it is of course does not looks good.

Guest mr w124

Thanks for your replies guys. will be going down to the mech soon. will check wat to do then. this external relay sounds good. as long as the relay stuff is in the bonnet, doesnt matter to me how it looks. thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies guys. will be going down to the mech soon. will check wat to do then. this external relay sounds good. as long as the relay stuff is in the bonnet, doesnt matter to me how it looks. thanks

Hi MR W124, is the air con problem resolve?