• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C200 (W204) Mods that won't invalidate the C&C Warranty?

Guest kmg4evr

Guest NewC180

Hi kmg4evr,

Are you talking about this rim?

11052009017.jpg

They are fitted in my car, without amg package and without lowering, and they work fine. They are staggered by the way.

Hope above info is of help.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmg4evr

Yes, those are the ones! Good to hear that they will work fine without the lowering. BTW, when you got them, did you also replace the spare tire? What size did you pick for the spare?

Guest NewC180

I traded in my stock 17" 5 dual spoke non-amg for these, and the spare is the stock wheel, didn't change it. Size of spare not really very important, as long as it fits it should be ok, as you will only use the spare temporary only.

Guest xtrocious

Wow...you really made your SE work...hahah

The problem with us was that we didn't do enough "research" - we weren't planning to get the C200 as we had originally intended to get the 325 but it was a spur of the moment decision to pop into C&C (located just before PML) for a look-see...

So probably wasn't prepared to push that hard (don't know where the "boundaries" are) :banghead:

But I must say that the SE who served me was quite okay - she did try her best and after testing 3 different models

Unlike the one at Audi - wasn't interested and probably see me no up :2guns: :2guns:

On Paper, the freebies amount to over 9k (the AMG rims alone has a list price of over 6k! and the Rearview Camera/Monitor 1.8k).

I didn't have a car to trade in so no further discounts there. They will usually overtrade up to 8k and I told them I should get this even if I don't have a car to trade in. :) I think possible to get more if I was more pushy. Decided to issue the check as I was tired and it was late already (8pm).

Anyway, on my question again on the 17 inch AMG rims (six dual spoke), anybody have them fitted with the car not lowered by 15mm as per AMG kit spec? I am not sure they will lower the suspension as I just got the rims included. Will there be any detrimental effect to performance, stability or safety if the shocks are not lowered as per AMG design? Thanks again for the insight.

Cheers. :-)

welcome, kmg4evr. compared to me you got a damn good deal. i paid the same price two years ago and got nothing thrown in :censored:

I wished I have gotten his SE...

I only got the solar film thrown - although I did get a pretty good price on my trade-in car

How much is all the "freebies" that he got worth? :death: