• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Alpine W202e vs Pioneer AVH-P4150

Anyone using the above mentioned devices ? Just want to find out if there are any quirks with the individual systems.

I have no need for audiophile SQ standards - just need something that can access my iPh and the occasional DVD.

I would even consider the AVH-P4050 if there isn't much of a diff over the 4150.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bbwannabe

Yor,

Previously, I was using W502, the new brother. I believe the W202e are on stock sale only now.

I can't remember the actual benefits for W502. There are many if we were to compare. Quality wise, they are very similar so if can really get the W202e at great discount then go ahead. Current price for W502 is already quite good at 1.4k with install.

In any case, the ranking out there has always been Alpine, Pioneer then the rest of the brands out there. Can't go wrong with Alpine and there is only so much to gain. Even the radio sounds better on Alpine. Haha...

The good thing about Pioneer is the mountain of compatible and cheap accessories. The same cannot be said for Alpine. Their Optical Cable cost up to $200 (now $160-180) for their decoder (optional gear).

Guest kepiting1sg

I got an used Panasonic 2Din Touch Screen DVD for $350 & paid another $60 for an iPod cable - full control of the iPod.

Installed in my Batam Prado Jeep and hooked it up with the stock system.

IMHO cheep cheep good good. It even got an input for reverse camera,

Got it over from sgsoundsysytem!

My younger Bro paid also for an used Pana for about the same price.

My advice go hunting on sgsoundsystem - often U can get a good deal from someone upgrading. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input guys. $1.4k for the W502 is too rich for my blood coz it's worth a 42" plasma which I should install in my boot :P

Scouring sgsoundsystem.com for a used one. Just got a quote of $900++ for the AVH-4150 which I am able to add a GPS unit + connect the iPh etc.

Still find it damn expensive for a measly 7" screen though.

Still have 2 amps in cold storage - might as well resurrect the system if spending crazy money again.