• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Go-Kart competition

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

http://nationalkarting.org/

CALTEX NATIONAL KARTING CHALLENGE 2007

Date : 5 October – 7 October

Venue : East Coast Park Car Park E1 (Beside Ski360)

Time : 0900-1700hrs

Form up a team of 4 according to the official categories:

(Based on the age of the oldest team member)

Category A: 15-18 yrs old (Registration fee: S$15 per person)

Category B: 19-25 yrs old (Registration fee: S$20 per person)

Category C: 26-35 yrs old (Registration fee: S$25 per person)

Category D: 36 yrs old and above (Registration fee: S$30 per person)

Challenge Schedule

Qualifying rounds will be held on 5 and 6 October 2007 from 0900 – 1700hrs.

The Finals will take place on 7 October 2007 from 0900 – 1700hrs.

Challenge Format

1. Each team will consist of 4 participants karting in relay-style.

2. Each team member will be required to complete a distance of 2.4km (takes approximately 6mins to complete) on the karting track.

3. 1 representative from 6 teams on the track at every slot.

4. Change-over of drivers to take place only at the Pit Stop Area.

Challenge Timing

1. Maximum time allowed for the entire team is 25 minutes.

2. Timing commences when first driver is flagged off and stops when fourth driver returns to start/finishing line within 25 mins.

3. The timing is inclusive of the change-over between drivers at the Pit Stop Area.

4. Timing taken for the individual team will stop once the maximum time limit is reached and any running karts on the track are to return to the Pit Stop Area.

Judging

1. All teams will be ranked accordingly based on the total race distance covered by all team members.

2. Teams will also be ranked according to the total time taken for the team to complete the required race distance.

3. Top 6 teams from each category with the maximum distance covered in the shortest timing will qualify and proceed to compete in the Finals.

4. The team with the fastest overall timing will emerge as Winner of that respective category.

5. Should there be a tie between two teams in the same category with identical total race timing taken or identical race distance covered, the team with the fastest individual lap time will emerge as the Winner of that respective category.

Do strategize amongst yourselves in order to clock in the fastest timing and pit your skills against other teams!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

Would love to participate but I'm fresh meat - only done it a couple of times and have no idea whether I'm fast or slow. So I'll indicate my interest first but I'll gladly let more experienced drivers make up the team. Worst case (best case for me) I can be the back-up driver!

Go Merc's!

Guest millionmilebenz

Team 1 (age 36 and above)

1) kompressor

2) two-0-two

3) Ken

4) millionmilebenz

5) xxxxxxxx (Standby)

Team 2 (age 26 to 35)

1) Victor

2)

3)

4)

5) xxxxxxx (Standby)

Team 3

1)

2)

3)

4)

5) xxxxxx (Standby)

• 1 month later...
Guest vegz07

If next time you guys wana go karting sessions , I can intro you to a place nearby. has good karts for training, long wide track and best of all the prices is cheap.. kekekek..

I went there with a group of karting pros friends there to have fun and it's good...

Nice place for begineers like me to practice and sharpen karting skills.

So anyone owns a kart here or intending to get one?

:D

Guest millionmilebenz

Hello hello! I'm one of the "drivers" but I am not sure if Patrick got a chance to register our group. Given that he's currently out of the country, I think chances are slim that we'll actually be racing during the qualification this Fri/Sat.

My bad... I haven't been involved lately and I should've offered my help.