• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help Needed!!! Speedo Problem.....

Guest nemo

My Speedo Meter is spoilt...... not moving at all.... the trip and odo meter not moving either... the rest are fine bascially its only the middle stuff not working?? What should i do.... i am driving a 1994 W124 E200.... Pls Help Bros... wat happen? Is it a connection problem? Or whole Speedo spoil liao? Where to fix?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happened to me before...

There is a cable linking your speedometer to the gear system (or the wheel?). That may be loose OR broken.

The mechanic should be able to change it in 20 mins...

Last time mine cost abt 50 bucks...

Happened to me before...

There is a cable linking your speedometer to the gear system (or the wheel?). That may be loose OR broken.

The mechanic should be able to change it in 20 mins...

Last time mine cost abt 50 bucks...

Thanks U so very much... i will go down to my mech to check. I hope its just a wiring.... and not the whole speedo spoilt. If whole speedo spoilt how much it cost to replace any idea?

Since the others are working and the speedo is the only portion that is not working, I doubt the whole thing has gone kaput...

And I have no idea how much the complete speedo set will cost... :-\

My Speedo Meter is spoilt...... not moving at all.... the trip and odo meter not moving either... the rest are fine bascially its only the middle stuff not working?? What should i do.... i am driving a 1994 W124 E200.... Pls Help Bros... wat happen? Is it a connection problem? Or whole Speedo spoil liao? Where to fix?

The cable feeding info to your speedo may have come loose / is malfunctioning for some reason as with what calp has highlighted earlier.

Individual meter prices vary - Speedo + odometer should be around $200-250 mark. If you're lucky, you may be able to find an entire cluster for the same price.

those prices are for the original cluster, right? Still scary for no digital/trip computer speedo... can't imagine the price for those w211 :o

maybe you can get a 'used one' from propel auto parts (address somewhere in this forum:) )?

price would be lower I guess...

The cable feeding info to your speedo may have come loose / is malfunctioning for some reason as with what calp has highlighted earlier.

Individual meter prices vary - Speedo + odometer should be around $200-250 mark. If you're lucky, you may be able to find an entire cluster for the same price.

I pray hard its a simple cheap fix..... pray hard.... :pray:

My W126 recently had the same problem with odometer only. Turned out that the gears were faulty.

My W124 TE has the same problem as you but I have not send in for repairs yet. Was told it is the meter cable faulty by my mechanic. Hope you can get it solved soon.

Cheers

My W126 recently had the same problem with odometer only. Turned out that the gears were faulty.

My W124 TE has the same problem as you but I have not send in for repairs yet. Was told it is the meter cable faulty by my mechanic. Hope you can get it solved soon.

Cheers

Hi GUys thanks for all the info. Problem fixed.

120SGD.... its the meter cable.

Labour and cost 120SGD.