• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Right side big eye!!

Guest sohail

Guest sohail

hey bros, my e200 right side the bigger eye suddenly not lightin up, i think its loose or something cos just change it 2 months back only.

then again could be a sign to change to HID. muahahha any lobangs bro?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ehwwong

hey bros, my e200 right side the bigger eye suddenly not lightin up, i think its loose or something cos just change it 2 months back only.

then again could be a sign to change to HID. muahahha any lobangs bro?

good loh, got excuse to change.. hehe

Guest ehwwong

bulbs can blow up easily if there are not of good quality..

don't think its loosen.. but you may want to squeeze your hands to tighten it.. sorry, don't drive a E.. not much contribution. :2guns:

Guest sohail

bro, this is a good mod lights, if i'm getting a PFL W210, will this lights too!! but than hor its a bit X, look ard ebay, there should cheaper!!!

SGP not much shop sells W210 and older stuffs liao,

try JB , KL or BKK

Guest sohail

there is cheaper but not the same type type le. just the HID and the ballast 2 set. without the casing and frame.

I might get it done today 300 inclusive of workmanship. Yeah might try JB

bulbs can blow up easily if there are not of good quality..

don't think its loosen.. but you may want to squeeze your hands to tighten it.. sorry, don't drive a E.. not much contribution. :2guns:

yes ehwwong is absolutely right. cheaper bulbs tend to blow up real easily and cheap HID kits may even pose a fire hazard.

Guest kepiting1sg

yes ehwwong is absolutely right. cheaper bulbs tend to blow up real easily and cheap HID kits may even pose a fire hazard.

Cheap HID "normally" as a outgassing effect.

They emit gases and after prolong usage, they damaged the reflective lining of your headlamp.

Earlier I didn't believe what I read.

I took a closer look on my Batam Island Prado Jeep which I had installed Korean HIDs (when they used to cost an arm or leg).

After 4 years with the H4 Hi/Lo HIDs, the reflective lining in my headlamps gone up lori liao.

BTW Fitting of aftermarket HIDs on W124 is not allowed under LTA mods.

For W210 if U got projector lens headlamp, U might able to hide behind them.

Outgassing effect

http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasdischarge/index.htm

LTA Mods

Vehicle Modifications that are not allowed:

Vehicle owners who fail to comply with the below specifications may face a maximum Court fine of $1,000 or 3 months' imprisonment upon conviction in Court.

Head lamps

e.g. aftermarket High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp kits, high wattage bulbs, etc.)

Vehicles should only be fitted with factory fitted HID lamps as they are designed to meet internationally recognised standards. Aftermarket HID lamp kits retrofitted into existing headlamps may cause unwanted glare when used. Therefore, installation of these kits are not allowed.

Replacement bulbs must be of a design recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Using a higher wattage bulb may increase the risk of fire because of a greater current being drawn to power these lamps. Therefore, these types of bulbs are not allowed.

Guest ehwwong

unker batam,

since when you become LTA adviser?

when questioned whether legal or not....muahahahaha!!!! :1mfinger:

oh.. no one will question anymore lah.. disappear liao! haha :yumyum: :yumyum: