• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic for New C-Classers to intro themselves

Guest Cerano

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimtonic

many c-class brudders here, but few newbies which most of them are shy.. which i believe this thread is cater for... :clap: :clap: :clap:

a list of c class brudders can be found here..

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=4019.0

=====ya, i tink so too,, maybe,, u wld like to throw in some freebies to attract them out and identify themselve here to make tis forum more interesting and exciting?,, wat abt a goodwill solid wash and wax for each c-classer?

Guest east539

aku can?? although not C Class owner....

I the boleh?? ex C class owner....... ;D

wah...unker also come in ka jiao liao ah...swee..we go ka jiao more thread than

Guest jimtonic

hm,,i tink some of my topics has been LOCKED by the BIG BOYS HERE. tot tis is a fair xchange for infos,,anyway,, i dun think the mod for carplate LED light is legal,, cos its considered as a decorative lamp which violated the rules fm LTA. ciao,, fellows.......!

Guest Cerano

hm,,i tink some of my topics has been LOCKED by the BIG BOYS HERE. tot tis is a fair xchange for infos,,anyway,, i dun think the mod for carplate LED light is legal,, cos its considered as a decorative lamp which violated the rules fm LTA. ciao,, fellows.......!

topic locked? never experience it leh bro. btw you coming for our gtg?

Guest kepiting1sg

The thread is for those who wanna DIYed their licence plate lights.

Some Bros here were charged as much as $150 to convert their licence plate bulbs from halogen to LEDs.

The thread was set up to help those who wanna DIYed.

We can have xchange for infos here. :swduel:

Taken from LTA site.

**************************************************************************************

Decorative Lamps

(e.g. Wiper washer LEDs, undercarriage neon lights, vehicle interior neon lights, flashing decorative lights, etc.)

Fitting decorative lamps to vehicles are not allowed as they may cause confusion and distraction to other road users.

***************************************************************************************

Nothing mentioned that licence plate lights have to be halogen bulbs and not whitish LEDs

Nothing mentioned that the small lamp in the headlamp has to be halogen bulbs and not whitish LEDs

As a matter of fact - the W211 Advantgarde that comes with Factory Bi-Xenons has factory whitish LEDs for the small lamps and also factory LEDs for the brake lights - decorative & illegal??

On legalities, there're lots of perf mods discussed in various threads.

Boost Kit, Headers, Exos, Intercooler, BBK, Cat Con, Supercharger, ECU, Pulleys - Most are not legal.

It's the owner choice what they wanna do with their rides.

Guest kepiting1sg

Just wondering if i can mod my C200 with the Bi-Xenons - whitish LEDs for the small lamps and also factory LEDs for the brake lights... :)

Taken from LTA site

************************************************************************************

Head lamps

(e.g. aftermarket High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp kits, high wattage bulbs, etc.)

Vehicles should only be fitted with factory fitted HID lamps as they are designed to meet internationally recognised standards. Aftermarket HID lamp kits retrofitted into existing headlamps may cause unwanted glare when used. Therefore, installation of these kits are not allowed.

Replacement bulbs must be of a design recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Using a higher wattage bulb may increase the risk of fire because of a greater current being drawn to power these lamps. Therefore, these types of bulbs are not allowed.

**************************************************************************************

IMHO

Technically if U fit your C200 with original Factory or OEM Bi-Xenons, it's allow since it's an option on your ride.

However if U fit an aftermarket HID into your projector lamp housing, it's technically not allow BUT

unless LTA can tells the diff. since your after market HID bulb are hidden in the projector lamp assembly

and not seen from the outside. Currently MB use mostly D1S Xenon bulbs on the factory Bi-Xenon c/w auto levellers whereas for the Non HID, MB mostly use H7 Halogen bulbs with provision to manually adjust lamp level.

So if U use Philips whitish 5000k 55W Diamond Vision bulbs it's also allow since Philips Halogen bulbs are approved by LTA. However if U fit your H7 with 80W or 100W bulbs then it's not allow and also it's dangerous. The higher wattage bulb will draw more current & generate more heat in your lamp assembly and might blow and damaged the reflective lining in your headlamp. Worse still, they can catch fire.

BTW starting Jan 2010, all cars imported into Singapore with HID headlamps must have auto-leveller as required by LTA.

For the small lamp, technically it's a halogen bulb replacement with whitish LEDs - should be no problem since

some MB models come with factory fitted whitish LEDs for the small lamps.

Most 3rd brake lights already come with LEDs and I don't see anywhere on LTA site that LEDs for brakelights are not allow since nowadays they are already fitted in lots of car as standard.

Choice is yours....heheheh! ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Mmm... so can anyone advise where i could get it installed? :)

IMHO,

I would recommend you to use Philips H7 after market HID kit.

I've nothing against "cheapo" HID except I had bad experience with them about the outgassing effect.

Please read below on the outgassing effect on the reflective lining of headlamp

http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasdischarge/index.htm

I had installed Korean HIDs to my Prado when they cost an arm & leg. :death:

After reading the above, I went to check my ride a few weeks back and true enough,

the reflecting lining on my Prado headlamps are corroded. :banghead:

They had being installed 4 years ago and when the damage was done, I don't really know. :-\

My main beam factory Bi-Xenon I use Philips D1S 6000k - (IMHO- worth every cent)

My high beam I use Philips H7 6000k Xenon kit

My fog lamp, I use "cheapo"

Beside MBM, Benzline, Autospritze, there are many accessories shops that will sell & or instal for you.

Check around for prices. There are quotes ranging from $400+ to $500+ for Philips H7 aftermarket Xenon kit.

Philips H7 HID has only 4300k & 6000k color - 4300k is yellowish & to me 6000k is white enough

Another way U can get Philips H7 6000k kit is to buy from eBay for about $350(shipping included)

I got my high beam from here & got them installed for <$50. (Darren Auto)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360155182962&viewitem=

PM me if U need further information!

Guest turismo

Thanks Kelvin...

I think i will bring to MBM for them to take a look and get their quotation. Very keen in the Bi-Xeon Light. Looks cool...hehe

Bro cisconet,

do u happen to live in Punggol and own a new white C200? Think we are neighbour... :punk1: