• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New Ride: C200 - Is my concern a issue?

Guest cisconet

Guest cisconet

Just got my new ride on Wed. Thought after a upgrade from my B170, the C200 would be better. But seems not to be.

To me, i had encountered the following issue which not sure those new "C" owners happen to be same as me;

1. When you insert your key and turn full, i think it should take just 1 cough to start the engine, but at times, it takes 2 to 3 cough to start, is this normal? It seems like my dad old car, where it has to crank a while before it get started.

I informed my SE about this, as he says maybe early morning so engine cold, but even during the day after i start a few things the issue still arise.

2. When you speed up to around 120-130km/h, the air con will come out some smell exordinary (diff from usual smell), after a while it i back to normal. Is this normal?

So far these are issues i encounter after a 3 days ride... not sure if it is a norm or i had over-react. :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cerano

Just got my new ride on Wed. Thought after a upgrade from my B170, the C200 would be better. But seems not to be.

To me, i had encountered the following issue which not sure those new "C" owners happen to be same as me;

1. When you insert your key and turn full, i think it should take just 1 cough to start the engine, but at times, it takes 2 to 3 cough to start, is this normal? It seems like my dad old car, where it has to crank a while before it get started.

I informed my SE about this, as he says maybe early morning so engine cold, but even during the day after i start a few things the issue still arise.

2. When you speed up to around 120-130km/h, the air con will come out some smell exordinary (diff from usual smell), after a while it i back to normal. Is this normal?

So far these are issues i encounter after a 3 days ride... not sure if it is a norm or i had over-react. :)

Hi Roy

congrats on your new car

I havnt encountered any of these problems yet. You should get it checked out. Cheers

How about turning the key and pausing 2-3 secs during which you should be able to hear your fuel pump engaging then turning the ignition on ?

Bro your extraordinary smell at that extraordinary speed might be your brand new tyres bedding in sibor ? :P

The bros have spoken, better get it checked. :thumbsup:

Guest cisconet

Thanks all bro whom had replied.

Sigh... barely used for a week, have to send in for checking :( Heartache..sob sob..

Called my SE, as usual, monitor and see how. - Usual statement happened everytime from my B170.

I had tried to turn the key full and hold for 2-3 secs, at times it could start quite immediate, at times as per mentioned, like those old car where you will hear the starting sound for around 3 seconds before it could start. As compared to my previous B Class, dun seems to be the same, so that's why would seek those C owners here to see if its normal.

I do came across those 10 yrs old Honda where you turn the key full, you have to wait for even 10 secs before it could start. I think those car gone case liao..

Guest Cerano

Thanks all bro whom had replied.

Sigh... barely used for a week, have to send in for checking :( Heartache..sob sob..

Called my SE, as usual, monitor and see how. - Usual statement happened everytime from my B170.

I had tried to turn the key full and hold for 2-3 secs, at times it could start quite immediate, at times as per mentioned, like those old car where you will hear the starting sound for around 3 seconds before it could start. As compared to my previous B Class, dun seems to be the same, so that's why would seek those C owners here to see if its normal.

I do came across those 10 yrs old Honda where you turn the key full, you have to wait for even 10 secs before it could start. I think those car gone case liao..

definately not normal bro.

bang table.

Guest blackmercs

Hi bro,

The smell actually only comes out when i press on the paddle reaching around 120-130km/h. If not, smell is normal like leather smell..

Is not normal, did u check whether yr ride comes with pre installed filter or not. Coz some bru here claims that no filter at all.

Guest ehwwong

Hi bro,

The smell actually only comes out when i press on the paddle reaching around 120-130km/h. If not, smell is normal like leather smell..

usually its the smell from outside.. especially at night when you are doing that kind of speed. just re-circulate the air and see whether the smell persist.

Guest rmjunior

Roy

Congrats on your new ride...

In regards to your problem, not sure if the same prob James encountered on his Bs. When he rev pass 3,500 rpm, there will be an "oven" smell.

Guest jimtonic

i dun hv those problem,its definitely weird since its a brandnew machine. But am experiencing lot of tyres noise on the ECP,,, anyone care help eliminating those noise fm the tires?

Guest Cklasse

Wa! change new car liao ah.........there goes our loyal B-class supporter. :apwink:

Guest cisconet

Yap... just collected last wed Yap.

Went down to Alex Service Centre this evening. Was told by SA should not be the case. Maybe due to Fuel Injector leak where after park for 2hrs or so, pressure decrease which may then caused the more time for the pressure to build up to start the engine.

May have to sent in for a day or two depending how fast they could check and rectify the problem...

Guest Clear Vision

Not sure which part you guys talking about since no picture... anyway I will check later.

Since there are many bros just collect the Blue Efficiency, i tot i should start a new threat stating all the new issues and how each experience to resolved it..

See new topic. Thanks

Guest cisconet

Finally sent in my car just now when the courtesy car is ready. Was told should be ready only tomorrow as they need to wait for the car to cool down first then hear the start problem.

Will update you guys again tomorrow :)