• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Accident Today

Guest knighthunter

Guest knighthunter

My left wing mirror completly shattered today, bloody people opening car door without checking first. My car just barely 4 months.

I was so angry, exchanged particular and left the scene. No witness and no damage to his lancer, I am bit worried. Called AIG and Star Service to report the accident and tmorrow need send my car to Pandan Loop body center. It's really not my day. :banghead: :banghead:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bbwannabe

don't worry bah. good thing you got his/her details liao. sure can claim one! since there is only ONE way how your mirror can be shattered - that is that idiot crashed yours.

must cheer up, at least can get new mirror!

Sad to hear that your baby are injured.

Dont worry and think on the bright side.....

All your no good luck will disappear after this......cheer up bro. :punk1:

Guest knighthunter

Sorry not to make it clear when I started the thread, I was driving straight at Mandalay Road when suddenly car parked on my left open his driver door inch away from my moving car. No time to react I just hear crack!! and the whole mirror missing from my view.

My car in Padan Loop now for repair I hope I can claim the 3rd party, getting A170 courtesy car.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Sorry not to make it clear when I started the thread, I was driving straight at Mandalay Road when suddenly car parked on my left open his driver door inch away from my moving car. No time to reach I just hear crack!! and the whole mirror missing from my view.

My car in Padan Loop now for repair I hope I can claim the 3rd party, getting A170 courtesy car.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Geeze what a tw*t! Shouldn't be a problem claiming bro. Last time my relative also kana same problem had no issues claiming.

Guest ratsgoh

That's the stupid problem with our Bs.. If only it could fold.. I almost cracked my wing mirror few weeks ago when I hit the carpark gantry with a pole by the side.. Luckily, no scratches.. but it wing mirror came off one side with a loud crack. Just have to force it back will do.. :)

Guest knighthunter

That's the stupid problem with our Bs.. If only it could fold.. I almost cracked my wing mirror few weeks ago when I hit the carpark gantry with a pole by the side.. Luckily, no scratches.. but it wing mirror came off one side with a loud crack. Just have to force it back will do.. :)

Mine was a goner the impact of tis bloody wing mirror left a good dent on my left front passenger door and whole thing dangled by wire.

Folding mirror will be a good option, got my car back this morning and returned the despicable A170 rattle every where and very jerky funny thing this A170 has only 17k km on it but the car is like rojak already.

Guest rmjunior

Glad that you collected your ride. Did you manage claim 3rd party insurance etc?

No doubt its a courtesy car driven by so many people, but it only has 17k km to be considered relatively new...which leads me to wonder on the reliability of a Merc...

Guest knighthunter

Glad that you collected your ride. Did you manage claim 3rd party insurance etc?

No doubt its a courtesy car driven by so many people, but it only has 17k km to be considered relatively new...which leads me to wonder on the reliability of a Merc...

I was claiming my own insurance first as per C&C advisor in Pandan Loop then proceed with third party claim to reduce my car down time.

Well, I can say my experience with C&C in this particular experience is completely different when I am buying my B170 from MB center. The advisor is very difficult to reach and non-chalant attitude. The culmination is he ask me to sign blank customer survey form, the stupid thing is I just sign it. It was Sat early morning not fully cured from hang over just want to get over it and get back home dozing off. Definetely is not a good experience, I just hope that my third party claim is succesful and get my 50% NCD back with excess that I paid.

Guest knighthunter

Bro, u sure the blank form is some customer survey form? Or could it be discharging your claim against 3rd party form? LOL! :o

That I signed blank 3rd party discharge form and I am understand, I am not blind :2guns:

Only when he present me mercedes form with half page folded and ask me to fill up details and he said for F1 ticket raffle, after I fill up I try to open the covered part and he quickly took it from me it say doesn't matter. But I already saw big heading customer survey form, I was decided not to make an issue but regret it after it.