• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Yellowish patch at exhaust area

Guest E200

??? Had just sprayed paint my bumper lately, but noticed that a yellowish patch is forming at the exhaust area. Have 2 questions - any bro can help?:

a. what's the cause of the yellowish patch? Too much carbon in the exhaust?

b. how to remove that yellowish patch (it's quite a big area and pretty obvious)

Sigh...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your car color is either white or silver right??

go to any exhaust shop ask they to help change the foams

if not get a new exhaust kit.( muffler)

Yes, my colour is white... BTW, what "foam" is this? How much will this cost? Big operation to change it??

BTW, I'm due to go for inspection soon. If this is not resolved, will I still pass?

Guest ACSLK

Hi E200,

why can't your exhaust pass unless your exhaust is aftermarket and non LTA compliant.............

as for the yellowish thingy why not paste a CF sticker over it, it can be done quite nicely i've seen some white car done it...........just pay the sticker shop a visit and they can help you on this.............

cheers................

Hi E200,

why can't your exhaust pass unless your exhaust is aftermarket and non LTA compliant.............

as for the yellowish thingy why not paste a CF sticker over it, it can be done quite nicely i've seen some white car done it...........just pay the sticker shop a visit and they can help you on this.............

cheers................

Thanks Bro, that's surely another way to save $$$!.. :yumyum:

??? Had just sprayed paint my bumper lately, but noticed that a yellowish patch is forming at the exhaust area. Have 2 questions - any bro can help?:

a. what's the cause of the yellowish patch? Too much carbon in the exhaust?

b. how to remove that yellowish patch (it's quite a big area and pretty obvious)

Sigh...

Maybe you need to extend the hangers for your muffler and lower the exhaust tip just a tad bit so it's not so close to the bumper. Yellow might just be heat discolouration. Repsray again I guess.