• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B2oo

Guest flog11

Guest flog11

Hi. Im new to the forum. Hope im not repeating any posts but its tough getting info on accessories, alternative options to the conti sports contac, body kits etc for the B series. I read some bad reports about conti sports in the wet. Appreciate any help in these areas. Thanks in advance

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Im new to the forum. Hope im not repeating any posts but its tough getting info on accessories, alternative options to the conti sports contac, body kits etc for the B series. I read some bad reports about conti sports in the wet. Appreciate any help in these areas. Thanks in advance

Welcome welcome welcome!

With regards to the conti sport contact tyres performing bad in the wet, which series of CSC was this and who was the tyre reviewer ? If it's forum hearsay better take it with a large pinch of salt. :) These companies spend millions on R&D and have them fitted as factory issue to many vehicles so they really can't be that bad.

Guest flog11

thanks for the welcome and about the dedicated B forum. I just saw the link :P

Re CSC tires, dont know exactly which CSC model tires were reportedly giving out in the wet. Read it in another forum...drivers accounts. I havent had any bad experience on mine though (yet).

Need to change mine soon so was contemplating decent alternatives and where to get them without getting ripped off.

Guest Sareve

thanks for the welcome and about the dedicated B forum. I just saw the link :P

Re CSC tires, dont know exactly which CSC model tires were reportedly giving out in the wet. Read it in another forum...drivers accounts. I havent had any bad experience on mine though (yet).

Need to change mine soon so was contemplating decent alternatives and where to get them without getting ripped off.

I'm using CSC 2 on the SL I think, and the car seems to handle much better in the wet than 3 of my other family cars, so I don't think they have problems with wet weather. The RX-8 slides like crazy in the tiniest little puddle and the 599 slips out under straight medium acceleration on a slightly damp road. The Estima is obviously not a performance car, so I guess it wasn't meant to go very fast on the wet anyway.