• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

P.I. or C&C?

Guest merc.y

Guest merc.y

Question: To all my Guru's here....

Please help me decide... to buy a

C180 (1.6) at C & C $141K

or

C200 (1.8) at a PI. $140K comes with AMG kit!

Like the power of the C200 and the extra's. But PI?

*Will C & C Service the car?

*Do I have to pay a preium cause the car was not from them?

*Will I be in line last as my car is not form C&C.

*If the car have problems can they slove it? At what cost?

Even if I would buy a C180 I will still 'Poison' the car... body kit, big rims, chip...blar blar blar..

Advice brothers pleasssse!

Cheers!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ehwwong

*Will C & C Service the car?

Yes, every thursday and friday only

*Do I have to pay a preium cause the car was not from them?

Most likely

*Will I be in line last as my car is not form C&C.

Most likely

*If the car have problems can they slove it? At what cost?

Can solve, but the above questions and answers applies.

Guest ACSLK

Hi merc.y,

Looking at your case:

go for the C200 (PI).....no worries (MBM) sure can do a good job for you...........................

happy searching!!!(Modding)

:clap:

Guest Raskie

depends on individual .. some pple will think only to get from AD while others will not hesitate to buy from PI.

If you do your research, there are some good reliable PIs though you do pay a little more vs other PIs - there are reasons why their prices are higher.

if you buy from PI, why even bother going back to AD for servicing ?

There are also several well-established w/shops that will service well your Merc inc getting parts, mods and all ...

A simple example, if you had pay premium $141 for a C180 from C&C and I buy a $141 AMG b/kitC200 from PI but your preferred service date/time is often taken up by pple like me, will you be happy ?

But heard (though not nec true most of the time) that PI cars often have lower OMV. Thus, when you sell, your car tend to fetch lower price. But remember, you paid less in the first place ...

Guest merc.y

Thanks for the quick reply! Guys!

So are there many PI C200 owners here?

BTW: Mod can you move this topic.. I think it is in the wrong place!.

Sorry! ;)

Guest NewC180

Merc.y, the price of C&C should be lower than what you have indicated. The price you've listed is before discount, overtrade etc etc. Talk to a SE to get a better picture.

Specs of PI and AD are different, so check through them before you make a comparison. There are definitely tradeoffs for lower prices.

As far as I know, for the C class, the price difference is not huge between PI and AD. So do some homework before you commit.

Lastly, looking forward to welcome you to the C Class family (be it AD or PI)!

Guest merc.y

Merc.y, the price of C&C should be lower than what you have indicated. The price you've listed is before discount, overtrade etc etc. Talk to a SE to get a better picture.

Specs of PI and AD are different, so check through them before you make a comparison. There are definitely tradeoffs for lower prices.

As far as I know, for the C class, the price difference is not huge between PI and AD. So do some homework before you commit.

Thanks bro!

I am never a Benz owner.... alway Bimmer & Honda's.... But I want to move on and have a change!

I will start doing my Homework.....on pricing and not forgetting my 'Poison' marketing list! hahaah!

Will need your advice on poisons... BBK, Body kit, Lowered kit and rims.

Guest 9339

Thanks for the quick reply! Guys!

So are there many PI C200 owners here?

BTW: Mod can you move this topic.. I think it is in the wrong place!.

Sorry! ;)

Mine are PI, so far no issue, did a few claim thrus MBM over the 1 1/2 year.....No charges from MBM.

Guest kinky74

hello bro me no expert if you one to mod engine or other thingy for performance then i will say go PI if not go C&C ........if its a gift take any of the above :punk1: :punk1: :punk1: :punk1:

welcome to the family dude look at the mod list and you decide for yourself

Guest merc.y

Looks like this topic is bouncing here and there.... thanks mod! Sorry for posting out on the wrong tread!

==============================================================================

Yes! I see many poison stuff in here..... makes me drool!

I guess I am never happy with a standard car.... Slam the car to the ground, ride it on 20", dress up with a kit.... boost the engine a little :la:.... Ummmm! enough to burn my pocket!

Might also condsider a Used 1 year old or so!

Guest ACSLK

Hi Merc.y,

sorry for OT: saw this liner thats why: " Even if I would buy a C180 I will still 'Poison' the car... body kit, big rims, chip...blar blar blar.. "

Happy modding Man.....................no stock car for me as well.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheers

Guest merc.y

Hi Merc.y,

sorry for OT: saw this liner thats why: " Even if I would buy a C180 I will still 'Poison' the car... body kit, big rims, chip...blar blar blar.. "

Happy modding Man.....................no stock car for me as well.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheers

Then i must check out your ride!

You guys meet up????

Guest ACSLK

Hi merc.y,

yes usual month end GTG plus some mini GTG by our group (SLK).........me at staying West side.........let me know if you wanna meet (so long as i am free).........

cheers

Guest NewC180

Thanks bro!

I am never a Benz owner.... alway Bimmer & Honda's.... But I want to move on and have a change!

I will start doing my Homework.....on pricing and not forgetting my 'Poison' marketing list! hahaah!

Will need your advice on poisons... BBK, Body kit, Lowered kit and rims.

Hey, me bimmer guy too! What's your current ride?

Agree with the bros here, if you're going to mod big time, go the PI route, and use the $$$ you save to mod mod mod! If you're just looking at cosmetics surgery, then better to get from AD for peace of mind lor...

My $0.02...

Guest blackmercs

Go PI ba, at least they provides the air con filter. If from agent, once u mod will void warranty. If you dont like to mod and concern of warranty then is better get it from agent.

Guest LeeCH

Another good reason to get from AD is to get options. Items like Bi-Xenon, Panaromic/tilting sunroof, Advance Agility, Alarm, AMG Package. PI's do offer but only certain items per car. AD you can mix and match to your own liking, if you can wait six months......that is.

Guest Clear Vision

If You are considering C180 (C&C) vs C200 (PI).

I would suggest go for C&C as I have done much ground work last 2 months before decided to go for C&C.

1) List price $141,888 (C&C) and am sure you can get say 10k to 12K off for Trade in.

2) OMV at PI is lower say 5K?

3) Based on above - the price gap is small....

4) PI, likely you hv to take a High loan from them at higher interest?

5) Which country is the PI car from?

My conclusion at that time decided C&C since i am considering a entry level C180 and the price gap is to small.

If going for say E or S Class then my choice is PI.

Cheers!!!

Guest Quattro

Hi Forumer

Some clarification here for your reference.

1) Any PI would be able to offer same or higher trade in price

2) OMV? depend on which PI you buying from and at what price you buying. OMV low, you buy low and you will sell low. OMV high, you buy high and you sell high. Time of purchase, interest rate, new model arriving, facelifting, economy, exchange rate, C.O.E etc.... all of this will affect your car resell value and no one can predict and control the market.

3) Saving depend on the value of the car:

a) On an average of 10k to 15k saving for value of 100k to 150k

B) 15k - 20k saving for value of 150k to 200k

c) 20k - 35k saving for value of 200k to 250k

d) OR 70k - 100k saving for value of 300k and above

4) Saving of how much really depend on individual, it can be a big saving of 10k for someone but not to the other or big saving of 50k for some one but not to the other again 100k to someone but not to the other. Say for example Jap car saving of 6k is real big deal over AD cars.

5) On the other hand, we still have to compare apple to an apple. Most cases PI car have more option then AD, it doesnt make sense for PI to bring in less option car and sell the same price or little saving over AD's car.

6) All cars come from the same manufacturer, just that they have factory in different places for various model. Unfortunately we cannot have left hand drive car here, or else you can be assured is from Germany. Can AD assured in written that their car here is directly from Germany factory? LTA is very strict here, any car import into Singapore must come with factory original document. No one is allow to bring in any car that do not compliance to their policy.

Last but not least, conclusion is who you buying from that will deliver to your expectation and not AD or PI.

Guest merc.y

Kum Sia! brothers for all your feedback! Still need more.... hahaha! :pray:

Torn between 2.....But I am so fix to buy the C200. Knowing me if I get the C180 I will regret!

The deal from C & C C200 $156,888.00 and a $8K overtrade! loan 70% and more then 7 years... kick back of 8% but int of 3.2%...

I manage to get a special deal for a C200 Avantgarde with keyless entry and glass roof! Grey.. $120,000.00 without COE. Total: $134,840.00

PI:

Can get AMG package! or Panoramic roof

Can 'do up car'

Price lower

Resale???

OMV Lower

C&C:

Want extra...can! pay lor!

Warrenty no problem!

Servicing no problem

Price higher but peace of mind!

Better resale!

OMV Higher

:3some:

Guest ACSLK

Hi merc.y,

go with your heart as at end the day you must be happy with your ride.....................

we only live once..................

1 life, mod it................

cheers............................

Guest Quattro

Bro,

PI:

Can get AMG package! or Panoramic roof (YES)

Can 'do up car' (YES and still under warranty)

Price lower (YES)

Resale??? (Depend on your OMV and not warranty unless you intend to owe it for just 1 or 2 year but anything after 3 years makes no diffierence any more bweteen PI or AD)

OMV Lower (AD OMV 42k or 43k, how about 40k from PI?)

C&C:

Want extra...can! pay lor! (Correct, everything is dollar & cents)

Warrenty no problem! (Correct, provided the next 3 year of warranty you must go back for your regular servicing at premium price and no mod)

Servicing no problem (Correct, provided the next 3 year of warranty you must go back for your regular servicing at premium price and no mod)

Price higher but peace of mind! (Not really true, as what 9339 say he has no problem for the last 1 and a half year with his PI C200)

Better resale! (If is still under warranty, economy is good, COE is on high side, car condition (exterior & interior).

OMV Higher (It all depend bro)

Don't just look at the OMV as COE also play apart when come to selling.

If can don't touch the kick back.

AD C200 - $ 156,000

PI C200 Avantgarde - $ 134,840

2 months ago i have 3 units of C200 AMG with sport suspension, paddleshift steering & Panoramic Roof - $ 148,000

Don't just see the price to conlude the saving but the items on the car make greater saving.

Guest 9339

Kum Sia! brothers for all your feedback! Still need more.... hahaha! :pray:

Torn between 2.....But I am so fix to buy the C200. Knowing me if I get the C180 I will regret!

The deal from C & C C200 $156,888.00 and a $8K overtrade! loan 70% and more then 7 years... kick back of 8% but int of 3.2%...

I manage to get a special deal for a C200 Avantgarde with keyless entry and glass roof! Grey.. $120,000.00 without COE. Total: $134,840.00

PI:

Can get AMG package! or Panoramic roof

Can 'do up car'

Price lower

Resale???

OMV Lower

C&C:

Want extra...can! pay lor!

Warrenty no problem!

Servicing no problem

Price higher but peace of mind!

Better resale!

OMV Higher

:3some:

PI:

Can get AMG package! or Panoramic roof - YES

Can 'do up car' - YES

Price lower - YES

Resale??? Better export price due to....

OMV Lower - DEPEND

C&C:

Want extra...can! pay lor! - PI can too

Warrenty no problem! YES, But SE might reply you= This is batch's problem

Servicing no problem - PI No Need Wait @ MBM

Price higher but peace of mind! - Usual line your SE will answer to your car fault- Batch problem

Better resale! PI's Car fetch a better export price due to ......

OMV Higher - Depend of your car spec, if you order a PI car with high spec, meaning high OMV too

Hope i am in help.

Guest Quattro

Another good reason to get from AD is to get options. Items like Bi-Xenon, Panaromic/tilting sunroof, Advance Agility, Alarm, AMG Package. PI's do offer but only certain items per car. AD you can mix and match to your own liking, if you can wait six months......that is.

Not all PI but we can offer indent with shorter waiting time no more then 5 months.

You can choose from exterior to interior option, everything is possible.

Guest kopimonster

as far as i am concern, good PIs keep ADs on their toes ;D

juz like some bros say, dun juz look at price or for dat matter, PI vs AD, but rather which route matches your needs better. but from what i have read so far, i get the impression that the PI way will seem to suite you better :evlaugh:

Guest merc.y

Wah! Thanks for the reply and support!

End of the day!

I will still be buying a merc.... so I am here to stay! :iconsalut:

*1st auto bro! PM me please! cheers!