• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W126 Creaking noise from front seats

Guest gp

Hi Bros,

Finally took the plunge and bought a 5/91 W126 300SEL Classic. Condition is fair considering its age. Some things to change here and there but mostly cosmetic. But I found some creaking noise from the front seats especially when the car goes over uneven surfaces. Not sure where the sound comes from.. either door cards, windows or even the leather seats. Hard to pin point when driving and the eyes need to focus on the road >:(

Things to change or repairs include new side indicators, rear light clusters(present ones looks tired with the white patches turning yellowish), glove compartment does not close well, odometer not working(speedo is). Any advice? Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grats on taking the plunge. Nice to know another W126 is going to have a renewed lease of life under your care. :) Images of Kuwaiti officials travelling in black W126s in the rough and tumble of the desert are fresh in my mind since I last saw them on CNN in the late 80s.

Creaky seats might result from seat springs, leather brushing against leather.... hmm likely to be door sills or door panels not put together properly. I reckon you'd probably trace it easier on a hot day.

Guest mr w124

Hi GP. Did u manage to get the one that used to be sold though trade assist? that one got sold pretty quick. Always had a soft spot for the 126 although my 2 favs r the 123 n the 116. Awesome. Enjoy your new ride. Was thinking abt getting a 126 till i trashed my old 124 n got another 124. Sigh

Hi GP. Did u manage to get the one that used to be sold though trade assist? that one got sold pretty quick. Always had a soft spot for the 126 although my 2 favs r the 123 n the 116. Awesome. Enjoy your new ride. Was thinking abt getting a 126 till i trashed my old 124 n got another 124. Sigh

Yes, that's the one. It was put up for sale by an expat with Trade Assist. Subsequently owner traded in with Autocar in Turf City. So got it from Autocar after that. Car is in OK condition. Need some minor touch up here and there. Anyway, the car is in the workshop now for full change of oils, inspection etc. WIll take some pics after it is back from the mechanic.

Too many cars at home need to offload at least one now...

Beautiful pics man. Truly a handsome car. By the way, where did you get the car mats from?

Bro,

The car mats are original Mercedes parts. But unfortunately not specifically for W126. Was told maybe for the W140. Anyway, bought them from Propel for less than $100. Cheaper than my M/// carpets for BMW :)

Any W126 sifus know where I can get a new "Classic" trunk emblem for my car? Mine is in a bad condition, the chrome has disappeared and looks darkish and unsightly. I am also looking for the gold coloured one for the glove compartment. Thanks