• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help needed for RHS Headlight

Keith Kam

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Keith Kam said:

IMG_20230110_150614.thumb.jpg.f9e081751ad9430989994ab6f2db457f.jpgIMG_20230110_150543.thumb.jpg.de66ab6aa3c67a2347b08f6d533edede.jpgIMG_20230110_150519.thumb.jpg.c50f039df65828bec163b4dd7f0d4b33.jpg

Anyone encountered similar problems? No error on dashboard though errors were detected on diagnostic. Is the LED spoilt or coding issues? Can anyone advise? Thank you.

have you done any recent coding, mods or repairs? best to trace back and see if it may be due to the last works you did.

I see there are lots of electrical (short circuit) codes, and "circuit 30". Check (and replace) the relay of circuit 30, its found in the engine bay fuse box.

Nope. During test drive I didn't notice, moreover it's hard to notice from driver side. After I bought last April I only swapped my 80 AH battery with the 70 AH battery. I don't know if it's the battery issue. And I never modified nor changed anything. Only carried out the usual engine and auto oil changes.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:09 PM, Keith Kam said:

Nope. During test drive I didn't notice, moreover it's hard to notice from driver side. After I bought last April I only swapped my 80 AH battery with the 70 AH battery. I don't know if it's the battery issue. And I never modified nor changed anything. Only carried out the usual engine and auto oil changes.

alrightee, has the workshop advised you on the probable cause?

Not yet. I went to a few workshops including those which specialized on headlights. Surprisingly none could give me a proper and correct solution. Some said it's headlamp control unit, some said it's SAM unit. And some even asked to "try" changing headlamp control unit and if it's failed then try SAM. I also confused. I did get someone to check coding and found out Xentry unable to communicate with Right headlamp, so it seems not coding issue. I'm not sure if I changed relay 30 would it help? I tried reading the fuse diagram but not sure which is relay 30. I just worried being con by workshops as charges could be quite high if improperly repaired. And the worse is if I changed the entire headlights, the problem may still be present as it's not headlight. I am totally lost and confused. I planned to go C&C but worry the high charges. If not I'll just stick to current headlamps though I started to have dashboard errors which it didn't appear in the past 8 months.