• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Boot lock does not work?

Guest bbwannabe

Guest bbwannabe

Hello,

I found out that the manual boot lock does not work on my W203 Sports Ed. I tried locking it with the key but it does not turn fully. Sent it in for a check at Cycle and the service rep said it is a batch problem and it cannot be fixed. He added that a batch of E class also has this problem.

BS? Or Truth?

Cheers~

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kopimonster

the service rep said it is a batch problem and it cannot be fixed

Cheers~

wtf! cannot be fixed? thats BS man! if the car is not working the way it should, then they sure as hell better fix it! :2guns:

Guest blackmercs

the service rep said it is a batch problem and it cannot be fixed

Cheers~

wtf! cannot be fixed? thats BS man! if the car is not working the way it should, then they sure as hell better fix it! :2guns:

muahahahah cannot be fixed!!! change brandnew car can? So is better to get from PI, at times i wonder whats does the warranty cover from the agent??

Guest bbwannabe

lol, in their defense they did do a good job doing wheel alignment for my w203.

but how to convince them to change it sia~

if they insist it is a 'batch' problem

Guest Cklasse

If it's batch problem, then the whole batch need to change. My suggestion, write to Daimler Germany and you will hear from C&C soon. It works. :apwink:

LOL! That is like back stab sia. Hmm... i mean it is not critical to have but annoying that they can't even fix a simple lock.

You prefer bach stab or your car being play back side......

Guest NewC180

bbwanable, if car is still under warranty, make sure you bang table and make AD solve the problem for you. It's definitely BS! If no more warranty then bo pian lio, try to find solutions elsewhere lor...

Guest bbwannabe

just to add OT a bit.

my wheel alignment is not exactly done. still veering to the left.

they tried to:

-change the camber angle

-swap front left right (got really worst so it was undone)

-reduce free play of the steering

-adjusted the angle of steering

not yet:

try using new pair of tyres for testing

on the plus (or is it negative) side, the reduced-free-play steering makes the steering more heavier and direct, more sure kind of feel.

he commented that Sports Contact 2 tends to wear out fast. like 30+km and it is a gonner. last i rmb, jpn cars had tryes that lasted 80++k!

Guest NewC180

still got warranty lor, 1 year more.

think i give him one last chance. still cannot then write letter liao.

if still got warranty, make sure you bang table hard hard and get it solved! If SA give you excuses, talk to your SE or seek higher authority.. 2 year old car how can have so much issues....

Well you 'paid' for the warranty, so make sure you make full use of it!

Guest kopimonster

ya...agree...bro, better get ur SE to get it sorted out, if we keep on sweeping things under the carpet and absorb all the shortcomings, then who noes, the next time they deliver a car without a bonnet, they'll say its a "batch problem" and nothing can be done about it! :ninja:

Guest NewC180

ya...agree...bro, better get ur SE to get it sorted out, if we keep on sweeping things under the carpet and absorb all the shortcomings, then who noes, the next time they deliver a car without a bonnet, they'll say its a "batch problem" and nothing can be done about it! :ninja:

"Sir, please be informed that the latest batch of cars do not come with bonnets. This is part of our efforts in saving the earth, because most customers throw away the stock bonnets and change to CF bonnets!"

Ha ha ha ha......

Guest kopimonster

"Sir, please be informed that the latest batch of cars do not come with bonnets. This is part of our efforts in saving the earth, because most customers throw away the stock bonnets and change to CF bonnets!"

Ha ha ha ha......

;D

Guest bbwannabe

Ha ha ha ha......

;D

lol.

"Sir, we have delivered the car without the supercharger / turbo / headers / body kit. Since you will MTL and buy new one."

Guest blackmercs

bbwannabe ]

Ha ha ha ha......

wrote:

lol.

"Sir, we have delivered the car without the supercharger / turbo / headers / body kit. Since you will MTL and buy new one."

Wow thats means infuture they only sell the car key only ah? Then if the car key also got problem, blame it on the production batch??