• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sepentine broke (cut), now air conditioner compressor doesn't start anymore, could it be related ? Solution: change it only ?

Benzw205

Sepentine broke (cut), now air conditioner compressor doesn't start anymore, could it be related ? Solution: change it only ?

hello, thank you if someone can tell me if my only solution is to change the air condition compressor or if I should investigate more ?

I was driving, then got a battery alarm on the dashboard, I stopped and the serpentine was broken.

After replacing it, car is fine, but air conditioner compressor does not start anymore.

As I have to pay it upfront without being sure that my compressor is dead, I am wondering if I should test something first, and have a confirmation that the compressor must be changed ? Any way to know that the compressor is faulty before buying the new one ?

Thank you if you have any idea, I checked shops around and I was only told that I must replace it.

image.thumb.jpeg.9cd8551e3938c1341f67466d0086ff25.jpeg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have read somewhere:

The air conditioning compressor is capable of breaking the serpentine belt a couple of ways. If the AC compressors seizes while operating, the shock load can snap the serpentine belt. If the AC clutch bearing seizes while the AC compressor is not operating, the belt can snap then as well.