• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Error code P0491 and P0171

Hello Everyone,
So I'm having this issue with makes my check engine to light up every now and then outputting this error code P0491 and P0171 which to my understanding is related to the secondary air injection system on bank 1(whatever it means, I guess cylinder and system too lean bank 1.
So far i visually inspected the rest of the hoses around the engine but I didn't see any noticeable cracks on them.
I searched the around for this problem, but all I could find was information regarding a problem with the secondary air pump, which is not the cause in my case, because as far as I'm aware, the pre-facelift w204 models don't need that pump, but instead, the supercharger itself is doing the work, therefore, there is no secondary air injection pump. I'm wondering if this could somehow be related to a bad/clogged EGR valve too? Should I try removing it and cleaning it first before digging deeper into the system, or it has nothing to do with it?
I wasn't able to find any information on the internet regarding the whole air injection system, and all of the components, what I could find are simply little bits and peaces here and there, but nothing specific that could give me a better understanding of the whole situation.
I asked around, friends and different mechanics regarding this, but nobody really knows how to deal with it, but instead I'm getting a "if it runs alright, why would you care, just drive it like that" but that's far from a solution, which I'm after.
Any help on that matter will be appreciated....

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic