• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W210 fuel consumption

Akmal313

Fuel consumption is a very tricky thing to compare.  Everyone has different driving habits.

If you do more short trips in city traffic, the car will consume more petrol. If you do more long trips in city traffic, the car will consume even more.

Highway/expressway travel with no start/stops or jams will yield the best consumption figures, but it's quite unlikely for anyone to stick to that kind of driving 100%.  Beyond that, there's also the question of how you drive - spirited driving with high acceleration and deceleration will certainly consume more petrol, than a casual drive with well-timed movement towards red lights and the car in front of you during jams.

• Thanks 1

I got the e200 model, non kompressor..

it was going at 6.8km/l? 

Update from workshop.

Workshop just gave me a call and mention he found the transmission oil is jialat. Not sure how “jialat” but he did say he is going to flush out the transmission then  to be replacing filter and oil, $600. I hope a flush and replacement would be enough to remedy it 🙏🏽

Got the car back, seems to improve fuel consumption already. I’ll have to check the injectors and spark plug next and make sure they’re not fouled etc. Thanks for the suggestions!

On 9/29/2021 at 4:29 PM, snsd555 said:

That does seem low at 6.8km/l. I think it should be closer to 9+km/l.

Give it a shot after the transmission oil, and see how it goes from there. Good to also check the spark plugs, injectors, etc.

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2021 at 9:22 PM, Akmal313 said:

Got the car back, seems to improve fuel consumption already. I’ll have to check the injectors and spark plug next and make sure they’re not fouled etc. Thanks for the suggestions!

U didn’t mention how Long u got yr W210?

When u take over any pre own car,u must always always do a Blood transfusion immediately after u drive away from sellers .it involves ATF(veri important)EO ,Coolant ,Brake Fluid & for RWD Mercs ,Rear Axle oil.

Dats why when u mention transmission oil Jialat ,u gotta ask yrself why?

Abt the Hi Fuel consumption .

Go to Chip Soon for trouble shooting .

Yes ,dey are X’pensive but they are good.

Go see Daniel ,I have a FC issue too on my Daughter A200.

Aftet plugging in the Computer ,dey used Xentry ,Mercs & Cycle those .

He notice my AC is not as cold as it should be.he suggest a Flush .

He says Mercs must used certain Freon gas & the right Compressor oil ,if not the ac compressor gotta work extra hard to compensate.

Straight away the Consumption is better.

Hard to believe but true.