• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hi from Thomas

Guest 9339

Hi All,

New member here!

Been reading the forum for a while, and thought you guys are fun.

Some basic intro:

Ride : R129 SL320 Black, tan top, paronomic roof.

Drivers: mid 30s. Husband and wife team + 2 x small kids on tow.

Other rides: Saab 9000 Aero (same era as R129), 1962 MINI COUNTRYMAN (the great grandfather of the current BMW Clubman 5 door estate), 1962 Mini Mk1 (the great grandfather of the BM Mini Cooper), and my kid's bicycles. All old vehicles!!!

Wanted to join the B-road drive but most of the time am overseas so can't come for the meetup, let alone commit for the drive.

Thought the Dinner would be good. Pls put my name in 2 pax. 11 Sept should be home. No flying for fear of terror...

I think I will see you guys at the coming June's gtg. Gonna get the decal too! and is there also the crew shirt to bought? Pls advice.

Cheers,

Thomas

(apologise in advance if I don't reply your posts as I will be travelling a lot next few days)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi g8crasher and all,

Thanks.

Just wondering how many R129s in this forum. Anyone into improving the performance of this make? I looked at the mod thread and it is empty...:(.

Any recommendations?

Best Regards

Thomas

Guest Sareve

Hi g8crasher and all,

Thanks.

Just wondering how many R129s in this forum. Anyone into improving the performance of this make? I looked at the mod thread and it is empty...:(.

Any recommendations?

Best Regards

Thomas

Nope, there's no one else in this section of the forum except me, and I drive the R230. This is a very lonely section :( :( I usually end up posting at the SLK section instead.

Hi Sareve, AC!

R230 is a very, very, very nice model. My German partner (and boss) traded in his then low milage 2 year old AMG 65 (top of the range, full specs) to the dealer for S$110,000/=, :banghead: :banghead: , when he bought a Bentley Speed (the best specs as always)

Only Catch: :2guns: this happened in Germany. ::)

I missed it as I could have imported it into Shanghai, and enjoy and make lots of $$ selling it for at least double the price 1 yr later.

Enjoy your ride, knowing that in Sgp, these cars could be one of the most expensive in the world!

I will be going to the 28 June gtg. 1st time there. C u!

Cheers,

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ACSLK,

Sorry for the late reply.

I was there, but drove my Saab instead. Was doing up my undercarriage bushings - already completely changed all absorbers under the carriage!

Now car drives like new!

BTW, I happened to go to Dempsey hill durian stall area one night around 4th July, and saw lots of SLKs, even spoke to LadySeal. If that night you saw a SL, that's me!

Best Regards

Thomas