• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Quesstion about wheels modification

Well, I own a w222 right now, and I’m thinking about refit my wheels to aftermarket wheels. 
The problem is that all aftermarket wheels that I prefer are really big wheels.
I’m afraid that those big wheels won’t fit, what if they scratch the fenders or brake calipers?
So I search on the internet that there’s an example of w221 being modified, that it won’t be any problems of scratching between wheels and fenders, or wheels and calipers.
Is there anyone who has installed wheel spacers on w222?And what’s the size of wheel spacers that I should put on my vehicles?
Thanks for your answers.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters, please do not use wheel spacers to make a wheel fit your car.  Your first option should be to get wheels with the correct offset and wheel width, corresponding with the right tire size to keep the speedometer accurate.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/mercedes/s-class/2020/

Check the link above for more information on what wheel and tire specs you should be looking at, and do note that all indicated wheel specifications containing a "+" sign are staggered setups (rear wheels wider than front since we're RWD), and you can see the corresponding wheel specs by clicking on the red "+" boxes.

There's also another list for AMG W222s, which you can find on the same site as well.  Assuming that you're running stock calipers and suspension, all the indicated wheel sizes will fit without clearance issues.

You can find a range of rims for your W222 from 17" to 21"

https://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels/s_class_w222_saloon_alloys

If you choose any of the rims in the link, there's no need for space or fenders rub

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)