• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where to troubleshoot Nuisance Sounds

Recently I experience knocking sound within inside the middle central area of my Dashboard area. Sound like item loose or knocking into each other, feel metallic sound within the central area of my dashboard. The sound will come out whenever my car is travelling on uneven road surfaces. Recently change my car suspension and replace auxillary and main battery. Doubt this will affect the noise as it is in different section of the car.. Anyone know where I can send to troubleshoot the sound? Called up several workshops, they all reluctant to troubleshoot the problem for me.. Only interested to replace n change parts only.. 

Also since bought Brand New, my car started to have squeaky rubber noise at my door whenever it started raining outside or after car wash.. This happen when my car door is contact with water. Only temporarily solution is for me to spray silicone oil along the rubber seals along the car door or bring down the Car glass door a bit.. It had stayed with me for 6 years.

Now my Merc C Class W205 sound like an antique car on the road with all those noises.. Can anyone recommend a workshop that is willing to do troubleshoot the sound and let it gone for good? Appreciate..

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to my workshop, he claimed that putting PPS film along some part of the area where the chassis meet the door will eliminate the sound rather then spend money buy all 4 doors seals .

Asked him to get some PPS and i will go try.  I will update you guys if it is effective 

No out of warranty.. PI Car also... I guess i have 2 options.. 1st is to live with the noise n then sell off the car in another 2-3 years near COE expiry.. get a lexus next time better for me... I heard Lexus cabin noise lesser..

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, most of the creaking noise come from the inner door seal rubbing against the door window plastic portion below the door rubber seal. I tested it by sticking those cheap felt stickers on the door plastic to try and it really works. But it is damn ugly.  As the inner door seal is already flatten as a few years, i did those window seal insert work by inserting a foam tube into the door seal. So far it works, and no more creaking sound. It is much cheaper than changing door seals which are almost 200 each.  There is another brand in market call Drartex red wing which is more ex. Hope this helps w205 owners with the same creaking window noise problem

https://wwwcarousell.sg/p/car-door-sealing-strip-sound-insulation-strip-black-wind-strip-let-door-entrance-to-wind-noise-1087350153/