• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Possible to turbo w204?

Guest Cerano

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kopimonster

Guys is it possible to turbo w204? I see people turbo their swift and vios then #&^&^#%^%$^ powerful.

thats becos swift and vios already got ready-made turbo kits mah, whereas for w204, i dun think there are any at the moment, at least for now. but yes, its illegal and very costly to install and remove just for inspection purposes i was told.

Guest bbwannabe

i seen one swift being moded for turbo. the process takes 1-2 weeks. during this period, they will cut out various part of the car to fit the turbo.

you really want to see you baby being cut up into pieces? lol

Guest Cerano

i seen one swift being moded for turbo. the process takes 1-2 weeks. during this period, they will cut out various part of the car to fit the turbo.

you really want to see you baby being cut up into pieces? lol

haha wow i thought got bolt-on kit or something?

Want to turbo newer Mercs not so easy. Have to consider alot of other factors like braking system, heat soak under the bonnet, suspension, intercooler, transmission cooler (for significant power increase), differential size, traction, rim size increase, ESP and other electronic interferences.. oh yah still got ECU tuning, sensors, fuel pump upgrade?

Even if kits exist, you must be prepared for additional damage bcos of increased power and heat.. I've seen first hand how a properly engineered supercharger kit made for the M3 costing in excess of 20k still screwed the car up after just a year's use. ECU, sensors etc malfunctioning. BTW got vented bonnet, AP racing brake kit etc fitted.

Guest ehwwong

Guys is it possible to turbo w204? I see people turbo their swift and vios then #&^&^#%^%$^ powerful.

quick and easy.. sell car buy a more powerful car lah...

otherwise i don't think you would want to explore aftermarket TC kit.. from my previous experience with my EG8, 3/4 of the time your car would be in the workshop fixing problem..

Guest kopimonster

or get a turbo charged car like a GTi, tons of mod potential and many "approved" aftermarket parts available, and instant tried and tested stage 1, 2 or 3 upgrades available. the worse is to TC a NA car, like wat bro g8crasher sayz, likely to give you tons of problems. but then again, if got big budget and balls...simi also can do :D no la joking only hor...stock is best :angel1:

Guest Cerano

or get a turbo charged car like a GTi, tons of mod potential and many "approved" aftermarket parts available, and instant tried and tested stage 1, 2 or 3 upgrades available. the worse is to TC a NA car, like wat bro g8crasher sayz, likely to give you tons of problems. but then again, if got big budget and balls...simi also can do :D no la joking only hor...stock is best :angel1:

haha yours stock v8 mah.

no i was wondering because our engine is already Supercharged not NA so i thought it might be easier.

Guest ehwwong

supercharged and turbo charged uses forced induction to compress more air into your cylinder for burning more fuel, its doable.. BUT like what kopi says.. no point exploring this option, give more problems.. that's why tuners like kleeman, mkb or brabus never bother with it.