• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Some Technical Qns..

Guest flyboy

Guest flyboy

Hi,

I juz ordered a B-class and have the follwing queries.....

1) I have a pair of 6000K HID light bulb supported by ballasts installed in my current beemer. Can such light bulbs be installed in my new ride. Does the car need to be re-programmed in order to support this new lighting system?

2) I saw a posting regarding the AMG brake calipers. Does it really cost only 2K, that's really cheap if u compare to Brembo and AP? Where can I find such good stuff,Benzline? My new ride comes with 17" rims, can the AMG calipers be installed?

3) I go to a regular external service workshop to service and mod my beemer. Is that such a workshop that specializes in merc modding? When I say specialize, I mean do they have all the correct equipment and diagnostic computer to re-tune and re-programmed the car if necessary.

4) I travelled quite extensively, where else in the world can I get merc accessories and parts cheap? Frankfurt, LA, Hong Kong,...??

5) Last but not least, any other W245 owners out there? I guess W245 are not that common since it came in only last year.

That's all I can think of now...There will be more to come when my car arrives end Aug..... Paiseh.. a bit ignorant in this new ride..

Cheers

New

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

Sounds hardcore...... ;D

We all go to MBM for our service and mod job. I had my stock headlight changed to a xenon at MBM and yes, you need to get into the computer setting to let the car know about the change of light.

You really want to meetup with us to talk and see what can be done before that black W203 is gone....when is the next meetup?

Guest CBlack

Sounds hardcore...... ;D

We all go to MBM for our service and mod job. I had my stock headlight changed to a xenon at MBM and yes, you need to get into the computer setting to let the car know about the change of light.

You really want to meetup with us to talk and see what can be done before that black W203 is gone....when is the next meetup?

my w204 should be delivered by the end of aug. the W203 will be missed. as for the amg break, 17" should be ok.

Guest dewey

AMG brakes not so cheap.. where got 2k??? if hav u tell me, i go grab!

my AMG 8+4 is already more then 6K... i think maybe 6+4 is ard 4-5k.

u hav to go check with either Benzline or MBM.

watever u wan to do to ur car, u can always check out this 2 places & compare prices.

like wat CBlack said, go to meetups, it will be helpful.

CBlack bro, i haven't been to any, when is the nex one, rem to ask me along...

Cheers.

Guest CBlack

hi bro dewey, the meetup is every last sunday of the month. so this month should be 26 Aug 07. It is held at Marina South Carpark A. The moderator will make announcement when the date draws nearer.

Guest Cklasse

like wat CBlack said, go to meetups, it will be helpful.

CBlack bro, i haven't been to any, when is the nex one, rem to ask me along...

Cheers.

Don't just come to meetup....join our activities ;D

This way can get to try out car....like driving CBlack W203 on NSH during Malacca trip.

Guest dewey

i oso hope can join in some activities but i'm always outstation... only abt 15-20% of my time is in SG...

have taken my car to KL once... sld be going up to Genting nex week.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi,

I juz ordered a B-class and have the follwing queries.....

1) I have a pair of 6000K HID light bulb supported by ballasts installed in my current beemer. Can such light bulbs be installed in my new ride. Does the car need to be re-programmed in order to support this new lighting system?

2) I saw a posting regarding the AMG brake calipers. Does it really cost only 2K, that's really cheap if u compare to Brembo and AP? Where can I find such good stuff,Benzline? My new ride comes with 17" rims, can the AMG calipers be installed?

1. Your after market HID will probably work.

You may have to go into the engine diagnostic program to enable xenon setting.

I have to do that for my W203 OEM Bi-Xenon for that to work.

2. I don't think the AMG brakes mentioned in this forum can be installed for your car.

They are talking about C32 AMG front brakes which fit the W203 C Class and also depending all the clearance bet. the calipers and rims.

My brake caliper and my 17" Brabus rim has about less than 1/4" clearance.

Oh Yes! They cost me S$2K inclusive of installation + stainless steel hoses

front & back. (From Benzline)

amgbrabus1.jpg

amgbrabus2.jpg

Guest flyboy

thanks kepiting1sg for the info! Awesome calipers!! I like......really inspire me to get it done!

Manage to talk to Eric from benzline and he said my car model parts and accessories are too new in the market and he will check it out from his supplier in Germany.

I will be going Frankfurt next month and will find out where and how much I can get it there as well.

Cheers

Flyboy

thanks kepiting1sg for the info! Awesome calipers!! I like......really inspire me to get it done!

Manage to talk to Eric from benzline and he said my car model parts and accessories are too new in the market and he will check it out from his supplier in Germany.

I will be going Frankfurt next month and will find out where and how much I can get it there as well.

Cheers

Flyboy

try asking MBM, for BRABUS

cos I know, BRABUS also had done up a B-klass, which is DAMN nice!!

must go to "Stuuu guard" hehehe that place even more!!

Guest Cklasse

Cheers

Flyboy

I can't remember where exactly is the place, but it is a short train ride out of Frankfurt. This is a big Mercedes-Benz showroom with a spare parts building behind (AMG parts are housed inside too). My friend bought the foglight from there and they can check if it fits by the chassis number.

Maybe you want to ask around for this place.