• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My stock audio not "Clean"

Guest blackmercs

Guest blackmercs

It's started from yest, usually i tune to 91.3 but somehow or rather its jumps to 93.3 station. Switch it off and on couple of times, still the same thing happens!!! Try it on others selected nos, example 1 to 9, its jump back from 91.3 to 93.3. Other radio station no issue at all. I think "someone" inside my car prefers 93.3 stationed!!! X Files???????................................

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m1122

Eh maybe radio broadcast comething wrong. I was at Sims Ave around 9.30am yest and had problem with reception....lasted about 1/2 hr......then everything ok back to norm..

Guest quewer

Tot i was the only one experiencing this... also had this "problem" yesterday. 91.3 and 93.3 switching channels and suddenly 93.3 "disappear" altogether!!!

Guest funng

hey bros, i just started having this problem also!

i thought just me la, so suay, so zhun the radio can spoil. 9.33fm get mixed up with 91.3fm and my 88.3fm gets skipped, like intercepted by other frequency. Mine is 91.3 disappear, keep getting 93.3fm.

somehow good to know i'm not the only one, if not my car really one big lemon sia. :censored:

Guest blackmercs

Tot i was the only one experiencing this... also had this "problem" yesterday. 91.3 and 93.3 switching channels and suddenly 93.3 "disappear" altogether!!!

Phew, i thought today going to church, temple to "clean" my car. After that go for "flower" wash!!! lolz Probably is the radio frequency not the audio set problem. I m going to call 91.3 to inform them abt this problem. Now my set switching between 91.3 & 93.3, sibei strange leh.

Guest kinky74

oh thank god i though i was the only one.......i already burn paper money today still the same leh......switch off the rado and listen to my engine roar better hahaha :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum: how to resolove this problem

Guest kepiting1sg

Phew, i thought today going to church, temple to "clean" my car. After that go for "flower" wash!!! lolz Probably is the radio frequency not the audio set problem. I m going to call 91.3 to inform them abt this problem. Now my set switching between 91.3 & 93.3, sibei strange leh.

"My Stock Audio not clean" - Unker @ 1st thought haunted need to call smlc exocist or sai kong to capture the spirit....muahahahaha!

Unker going to try later on 93.3 to see

1. The radio station problem or

2. Your audio set go up lorry (most unlikely) or

3. got voodoo going around your audio sets ...heheheh or

4. Your BS setting not BS as in BS but Best Station Setting (Auto setting with the setting having the strongest signal.

BTW Unker wanna find what Hz has the worse Hz i.e free Hz without any station so that I can set my FM transmitter using that Hz.

Any guy using FM transmitter there using the best "Hz for FM transmitter" in Sillypore?

Guest funng

i pressed around, found one way to counter it. on the Audio 20 console. got 4 buttons to press, the 2nd one from the left labelled as "RDS", press once and press the off selection.

i think it goes into the "Mhz" mode, not recognizing the channel's "nickname" like 93.3fm will have Yes933 and 91.3fm will have SPH 91.3. i tried this and had no problems for about 15 mins. it will display as 93.3 Mhz and 91.3 Mhz.

maybe you guys wanan try this way too?

hello i experience this prob too.. but i think somehow i solve it liao.. ehhee u can go to the radio option somewhere bottom left from the screen and then there is a box for radio frequency fix, select it. i try it, and return to normal. hehehe thanks..

Guest kepiting1sg

hello i experience this prob too.. but i think somehow i solve it liao.. ehhee u can go to the radio option somewhere bottom left from the screen and then there is a box for radio frequency fix, select it. i try it, and return to normal. hehehe thanks..

I manually select the stations and set them.

No problem encounter!

Guest angela

sian la... after not touching my 5ser for sometime, had to take it out for supper tonight... basket kena the same problem as my bros here............ 91.3 playing chinese song.... =.=""""""""""""""""""""""""""

WTF man... it seems my stock audio 20 for my c class is still superior.. been with funng the whole night rekkie and play 91.3 music with no problems what so ever...

to quote funng "wa 91.3 play such good music now..."

Guest blackmercs

Yap, me too following yr method and it's works!!! Both radio channel needs to click the radio frequency fix. If not, its wont works. Super kum sia man.

cheers

Guest rmjunior

I have experienced the same problem over the weekend...just got a call from my friend that the problem seems fixed now...not sure how true is it...will try after work...

Guest funng

Yap, me too following yr method and it's works!!! Both radio channel needs to click the radio frequency fix. If not, its wont works. Super kum sia man.

cheers

Sorry to ask, but is this Audio 20? with the LCD screen or the mounted screen in the E class? :banghead:

Guest blackmercs

cheers

Sorry to ask, but is this Audio 20? with the LCD screen or the mounted screen in the E class? :banghead:

Here u go, my Audio 20!!!

IMG_0607.jpg

Guest rmjunior

I tried last night, the problem has been sorted...I belief 91.3 and 933.3 has sorted the frequency.

Blackmercs, your stock audio should be "clean" now! :clap:

Guest blackmercs

I tried last night, the problem has been sorted...I belief 91.3 and 933.3 has sorted the frequency.

Blackmercs, your stock audio should be "clean" now! :clap:

Oh yes, super "clean" liao.

Guest dash

last nite i also hear a hissing sound coming out of my w203 radio unit....

the station I was tuning into was 913fm, then tunes itelf to 933fm with hissing noise and numbers jumbling in between...

I had just watched a silly japanese horror flick last weekend and i started to imagine things...

This hissing and jumbling of frequency its as if some imaginery hand was there to fumble with the tuning buttons. i got so freaked out i almost had an accidental collision.

I dunno how, but i saw the station change itself and suddenly my car felt so cold. eeek!!

i parked my car at the road shoulder trying to solve the problem.

it was abt 9pm along PIE, before JTH exit....

I pressed the pre-set station for 913 but there was no record! funny!

I had to manually search the station and pre-set it again.

The same for 933.

when i thot i was done, the 'unclean' hissing came back and now 913 is 933! KNN!! :banghead: :o ??? ???

isit something 'unclean' in my car trying to disturb me????

i was frustrated and confused and a little bit scared....

and then it came.

a knocking on my side of the window.

and a face loomed suddenly and appeared outside my car!

KNN, i felt my balls drop!!

I yelled out a explicitive!

the sudden knocking and face appearance amid all these scared the bloody living daylights out of me!

because while i was intently doing this issue up, i became oblivious to the surroundings...

and the sudden rapping of my window brought me rudely back to earth.

it was a just an innocent EMAS tow truck driver, asking me if everything is ok.

I wound down my window and replied curtly; 'bro, u scared the living s**t out of me, man.' :twinmfinger:

moral of story.

leave the problem, change your car. :1mfinger: :yumyum: :swduel:

last nite i also hear a hissing sound coming out of my w203 radio unit....the station was 913fm for a while then tune to 933fm. its as if some imaginery hand was there to fumble with the tuning buttons. i got so freaked out i almost had an accidental collision.

I dunno how, but i saw the station change itself and suddenly my car felt so cold. eeek!!

i parked my car at the road shoulder trying to solve the problem.

it was abt 9pm along PIE, before JTH exit....

I pressed the pre-set station for 913 but there was no record! funny! I had to manually search the station and pre-set it again.

The same for 933.

when i thot i was done, the 'unclean' hissing came back and now 913 is 933! KNN!! :banghead: :o ??? ???

isit something 'unclean' in my car trying to disturb me????

i was frustrated and confused....

and then i heard a knocking on my side of the window.

and a face loomed suddenly and appeared outside my car! the sudden knocking and face appearance amid all these scared the living daylights out of me!

KNN, i felt my balls drop!

because while i was intently doing this issue up, i became oblivious to the surroundings...

and the sudden rapping of my window brought me rudely back to earth.

it was a just an innocent EMAS tow truck driver, asking me if everything is ok.

I wound down my window and replied curtly; 'bro, u scared the living s**t out of me, man.' :twinmfinger:

moral of story.

leave the problem, change your car. :1mfinger: :yumyum: :swduel:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha I'm sorry to hear about your scary situation but it had me in stitches. Did you manage to get your Blackbelly ? Hope you like it man.

With the frequency re-jigged I think you shouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

Oh yes, when new car coming ? :P

Guest dash

heehee.... i loved the blackblelly. i got the storm instead.

bold was a bit big to my liking. sigh after all that whining about touch screen phones i got another touch screen!

but this is different! its a touch screen, but u select and have to physically click the screen to activite it! cool!

the screen actually allows to be clicked! that way u wun accidentally make any unwanted screen touches!

thanks for all the info provided, bro! YNWA

hee, i just got this new toy so i should keep my mind off changing cars a bit! :thumbsup: :tazzie:

:offtopic:

Guest bbwannabe

hmmm my two cents about the casper in your audio 20. (my audio no colour =( )

iirc, most mercs uses diversity antennas for fm reception. meaning...

its uses one antenna to lock on to the signal you are listening to. t the same time, it monitors the strength of the signal (same frequency) received on another antenna. it will switch to the other antenna if the signal on that one is stronger and better.

reason being that signals for the same frequency can have many broadcast towers. and these towers can be located in different places. depending on where your car is, one of the tower's signal will be better for you.

in your case, it might have gone mad and switched to 93.3 because the signal is stronger at that point. even though you're listening to 91.3.