• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help needed for W126

Guest gp

Hi,

Just want to find out what are the differences between the normal W126 and the W126 Classic models? When was the classic model offered? How to differentiate visually between the two? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not a pro in W126,

possible electric seat?? differ? and classic is for the SEL??

Thanks for the input. The car in question is registered in May 91. Comes with both front and rear electric seats and I noticed there is Classic wordings on the boot right back and front grille. Not sure about the glove compartment as I have yet to see the car. The owner is also not sure if it is the Classic model. Will it be reflected in the log card or something? Cheers

Guest 9339

W126 300 SE /SEL was intro in 1986, 300SEL Classic 1991.

The classic were just a 'FL' model back then before the face it out and bring in W140, It comes in extra of Electric seat, Leather and pattern for seat are diff, Climate control air con, as not all previous model have this function.

Most important........

At the trunk, it stated 300SEL CLASSIC.

Thanks bro for your valuable input :)

The car I mentioned was registered in 5/91. Comes with front and rear electric seats. It has the Classic logo both on the trunk and also on the lower part of the front grille. Not sure about the climate control portion.

Will view the car maybe tomorrow. Wish me luck....

Thanks again bros.

Thanks bro for your valuable input :)

The car I mentioned was registered in 5/91. Comes with front and rear electric seats. It has the Classic logo both on the trunk and also on the lower part of the front grille. Not sure about the climate control portion.

Will view the car maybe tomorrow. Wish me luck....

Thanks again bros.

Good luck hope you buy it if it's good. 1991 final batch. Post 91 will be South African made. :P

• 3 weeks later...