• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help! Car trouble after installing keyless alarm!

Guest JiaJia

Guest JiaJia

Hi everyone! Urgent advise needed please!

Got into some car trouble after installing a keyless alarm . Got it installed at one of the shops at Turf City. On 2nd day, car locks refused to respond when the remote was depressed and when I reverted to using the key to manually unlock the car at the driver's side, only the lock at the driver's side was unlocked and the locks at the other three doors did not respond!!! What is worse is the overhead safety belt signal blinked non-stop while the car engine was on!!! What's happening!

Looks like for some reason the wiring and central locking system have gone 'haywire'! Furthermore this keyless alarm system is nothing short of silly. It works in a way (WHEN it was working) that once you are in the car and the brake pedal is depressed to release the 'hand-brake', all the doors will be auto locked and the locks will only be released upon stepping on the 'foot-brake' after placing the gear to 'P' position and waiting another 10 seconds before turning off the engine!!! We have a serious problem when we had to pick up our son today while the car engine was on and in fact whenever we intend to pick up or alight passengers!

Does anyone has a keyless alarm that works the same way as mine? What do you think can be wrong -- with the locks not responding with the remote control and even with the use of the key and also why is the safety belt signal blinking non-stop when car engine is on???

We intend to bring it back to that shop to get them to take a look at it. But the way this keyless alarm works really does not make sense to any conventional driving -- really feel like getting the shop to take back the product and give us a refund!

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JiaJia

oops

I think your CDA system has been "C%#K" up by your installer ...

think you may have to change all to gun type.

Ermm.. Kelvin,

What is a CDA? You mean change all keys to gun type? And what is a gun type key?

oops

I think your CDA system has been "C%#K" up by your installer ...

think you may have to change all to gun type.

Ermm.. Kelvin,

What is a CDA? You mean change all keys to gun type? And what is a gun type key?

CDA - Compress Air,

not the keys, its the door locks, which runs by CDA or can say vacuum, change it to gun type which is electrical type. plus for it, its faster to unlock/lock the door, minus for it, its noisy, no more the very slient door lock opening or closing.

Guest Mike

yes kelvin is right and not all installer can do alarm installation on w124 as there is a vacuum pump which locks or unlock the car and most importantly not car alarms are compactible with this system

Guest JiaJia

Hi Kelvin, Vik and Mike,

Thanks for your advise. Problem solved (I hope) last Saturday when my hubby brought the car back to that shop at Turf City. They changed the keyless system to one that is supposedly compatible to Merc (we were not informed/advised of the existence of this other system until then) cars. Got them to disarm the auto-locking function and the alarm function. Just using the keyless function of locking and unlocking using the remote (which was our original intention). The system has been working alright so far, lets hope it stays this way. :pray: Really frustrated when the system caused so many problems to the car, felt like it has been violated -- so angry! >:(

Now my wishlist is to redo the car seats using MBtex and maybe the interior of the car :clap:

Thanks again gentlemen!