• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New Owner of W203 C180ML

Amgm_125

Greetings all,

I'm a new owner of a 2007 W203 C180ML Sports Edition. While I'm no stranger to Merc ownership, this is my first 'modern' Merc. Recently the car develops a 'Coolant level low warning' on the dash and required topping up daily. It was later dignosed to be anti-freeze leaking from the water pump. I've since changed the water pump, water pump gasket, thermostat and its housing. The car is still losing coolant and every 3 days I'll get the low coolant warning warning on the dash again. There are no visible trace of any leaks around the engine bay or beneath the car after overnight parking. The car does not overheat or emit any white smoke and still drives great. I'm at a loss here, any thoughts on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, Amgm_125 said:

Greetings all,

I'm a new owner of a 2007 W203 C180ML Sports Edition. While I'm no stranger to Merc ownership, this is my first 'modern' Merc. Recently the car develops a 'Coolant level low warning' on the dash and required topping up daily. It was later dignosed to be anti-freeze leaking from the water pump. I've since changed the water pump, water pump gasket, thermostat and its housing. The car is still losing coolant and every 3 days I'll get the low coolant warning warning on the dash again. There are no visible trace of any leaks around the engine bay or beneath the car after overnight parking. The car does not overheat or emit any white smoke and still drives great. I'm at a loss here, any thoughts on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

The cooling system is a closed system and If you've to top up coolant every 3 days it means it slowly leaking out some where.

If it's not the hoses, pump or radiator or your engine top gasket.

If water mixed with oil, yes you could get white smoke but if it's just water leaked into your cylinder head, you will not.

Better get your car check to find out where is the leak

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

21 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

The cooling system is a closed system and If you've to top up coolant every 3 days it means it slowly leaking out some where.

If it's not the hoses, pump or radiator or your engine top gasket.

If water mixed with oil, yes you could get white smoke but if it's just water leaked into your cylinder head, you will not.

Better get your car check to find out where is the leak

I'm heading to the workshop for a check next week. Fingers crossed. Hopefully its not related to engine block or cylinder head since car is left 1 yr 6 months with a non-renewable COE.

On 9/6/2020 at 8:38 PM, Amgm_125 said:

I'm heading to the workshop for a check next week. Fingers crossed. Hopefully its not related to engine block or cylinder head since car is left 1 yr 6 months with a non-renewable COE.

If it's not leaking from your cooling system, it could be a blown cylinder head gasket.

Don't think that will cost you much just by changing the head gasket without any other services like "top overhaul"

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)